Friday, February 8, 2013

99 SECURITY


~CHAPTER 99~
SECURITY

HE
I’m all about the post-coital cuddle, but generally, when it’s time for sleep, I’m your average roll-over-and-fall-into-a-deep-sleep kinda guy. While Isabella is going through this rough patch, though, I’m going to make every effort to make sure she knows I’m hers no matter what, which explains why I’m practically suffocating her when the alarm goes off. I give her a tight squeeze and drop a few kisses along her shoulder before unwinding my limbs from her body.

I can’t putz around this morning, and I can’t tell her why. Fortunately, she’s got a jam-packed day today before our trip, so she’s eager to get into work and get going. We both slide out of bed and head for our separate showers. I take a few extra minutes with the razor and even pluck a nose hair before turning away from the mirror. I don’t want to give the man a reason to doubt.

I’m pawing through my ties wishing I’d made this decision last night when Isabella pops her head in my doorway. “Whatcha doin’? I thought you were in the IT cave today.”

“Yeah…I am, uh…which color did you say was non-threatening again?”

“I’d go with blue. Who are you trying not to threaten?”

“Oh, Rose has a potential new hire coming in today, wants Emmett and me to test drive him.” I slide the dark blue tie with the little circle things off the rack and pull it around my collar.

“In a non-threatening way?”

“Exactly. Okay…what do you think?”

She grins and hands me her shoe bag. “I do not feel threatened in the least.”

One Swan down, one to go.

When we get to the lobby, I kiss her goodbye and wait till the elevator doors close her in before running down the stairs. I give Emmett a gruff hello, get rid of my coat, and head into the bathroom to practice my speech one last time in the mirror. I think I have never been so nervous in my whole life.

This is just the father. Wait till you have to actually ask the girl.

“Fuck you,” I tell my reflection. I straighten my tie one last time and head for the elevator.

It takes a while for one of the cars to reach the subfloor level, but the nice thing is, it’s empty when it does. The speech goes round and round in my head as the doors open at the lobby, and everyone packs in with all their winter shit. Just before the doors close, Alice and Jasper enter, hand-in-hand.

“Morning, Edward,” Alice says brightly, causing Jasper’s head to jerk my direction.

I return the greeting and Jasper gives me a friendly enough chin nod and a mumbled “Morning” as well before reaching to push their floor. Not thinking much of the fact that the thirty-seventh floor is already lit, they settle into elevator mode. Because I’m a nosy fucker and an “observer of people,” I crane my neck until I find their joined hands, not an easy feat from the back of a packed rush-hour elevator. Jasper’s thumb is moving over Alice’s hand with unambiguous intimacy. I consider asking how the Super Bowl party at Garrett’s was, except a) I have more important things on my mind today, and b) I don’t actually give a fuck.

The crowd thins out as we rise higher and higher, and when the doors close on thirty-six, Jasper is visibly surprised to see me still here. I’m certainly not volunteering anything, so we ride up that last floor amid an awkward buzz of unasked questions. It gets even worse when I follow them out of the elevator to Alice’s work station, where of course, Jasper has to take her coat and fuss all over her while I stand there like the third wheel on their date.

Thank God, Charlie comes out and says good morning to all of us then pulls me right inside his office and shuts the door behind us. He offers me a seat on his couch and sits down next to me, an equalizing gesture that I very much appreciate. He’s already been here a while from the looks of things. His jacket is hung up and his sleeves are rolled to his elbows. I can’t help but notice his tie is blue as well, and I wonder if he asked his wife to help him pick something non-threatening for the occasion as well.

“What’s on your mind today, Edward?”

My hands are folded between my knees and I consider dropping my nose there, too, before I pass out.

“Thank you for seeing me, sir.”

“Oh hell, are we back to that?”

“Charlie, Charlie, sorry.” Jesus, calm the fuck down.

“So…St. Lucia? That’s a beautiful spot.” Charlie’s talking me down from the ledge. Thank you.

“Yes, I found the place online, but I did a ton of research, so I know it’s gonna be really nice.”

“Well, good. You two have been working awfully hard lately. I think a vacation is just what you both need.”

“Thank you, s—Charlie.” If the wall were closer, I’d bang my head against it.

“Have any special plans while you’re there?” He’s barely containing his smile, handing me the thing on a silver platter.

“Actually, I do.” I clear my throat and swallow  thickly. “Charlie,” I make sure to look him straight in the eye, “I’m in love with your daughter.”

He bursts out laughing. “No shit?”

I feel like I might actually be sick, but I plow on with my script. “I realize it may seem like we’ve only known each other briefly if you measure time in the typical way—”

“You mean like seconds and minutes and …six weeks?”

Fuck, he’s done the math.

My eyes drop to the floor. “Yes, six weeks by the calendar, but…” My mouth is open but the words no longer feel right. I look up at Isabella’s father. “Charlie…”

His eyebrows rise and he waits.

“Charlie, look. Six weeks…it’s crazy, right? But isn’t that what love is?” Suddenly, I’m up on my feet, pacing and scrambling to make my argument. “I’ve been pretty much out of my mind since the moment I first met Isabella, and to be honest, it’s getting worse! I mean, thank God I don’t have to operate heavy machinery.”

Charlie laughs and relaxes back into the couch, folding his arms behind his head and watching The Crazy Edward Show.

“I’m here because I respect you, sir—and not because you could have me fired with a twirl of your moustache, but because you’re a sensible guy and  I know you’re a great father, and Isabella holds you in the highest regard. I know it’s old-fashioned of me to come in here and ask you for your permission, but frankly, it would mean a lot to me to know that I have your support before I go out on that limb.”

I finally stop pacing and turn to look into his eyes. I resist the urge to drop to one knee. “Charlie, I’ve come to ask for your daughter’s hand in marriage.”

Charlie stands up, his toes are lined up with mine and almost touching them; we’re that close. He reaches over and clasps my shoulder. “You not only have my permission, son, you have my blessing.”

The adrenaline releases into my system, leaving me giddy and suddenly exhausted. I find the strength to thank him, and he pulls me into a warm hug. As he slaps me twice in the middle of my back, he says, “I sure hope you don’t have a stroke while you’re asking her.”

I finally relax enough to laugh with him, and I pull away feeling a whole lot better than when I arrived. “Thanks. That makes two of us.”

Charlie points his finger at me and says, “And don’t worry, Edward. Your secret is safe with me. Just don’t make me keep it too long, okay?”

“Hopefully not.”

“And after she says yes, you tell her that we had this chat. I don’t want to have to pretend when she calls us with the great news, but I won’t ruin it for Renee.”

“You got it.”

I’m pretty sure I’d agree to anything right now. That’s when he pulls out the zinger.

“So, Edward, I’ve been meaning to ask…how would you like to go fly fishing with me sometime?”

It’s not till much later in the day I revisit this talk and realize maybe I should’ve hedged my answer. But right now, in the moment, I’m so fucking grateful this is over with, I smile and say, “Sure!”

He nods and opens his door for me, and I already have my tie loosened by the time I pass Alice’s desk.

“Have a great day,” she calls out cheerfully, and I wave backward without turning around and revealing my face-cracking smile.

she
An exuberant Edward pushes through the stairwell door, pulls me into his arms, and lifts me off the floor right in the middle of the lobby.

“Boy, someone’s in a good mood!” It’s one of those moments I catch his little-boy-amazed-with-the-world expression, and it warms my heart.

“Of course I’m in a good mood. We’re on vacation. Doesn’t it feel exhilarating?”

“I’ll tell you as soon as I finish packing.”

He rolls his eyes and kisses me. “We’re going to a tropical island for three days. You need a bikini and a smile... and the bikini is optional!”

“Oh, you’d like that, wouldn’t you?”

“Hell yeah, baby.” He lets me slide down his body, always a pleasure, even with more layers between us than I’d like. “Wanna grab a quick bite before we head home and pack?”

“Sure. What are you in the mood for?”

“You, but I’ll settle for a burger.”

“Do you even like burgers, or are they just an excuse to eat sweet potato fries?”

He leans over and kisses me again, takes my hand, and pulls me outside. He seems like he’s gliding on air the whole way to the restaurant, his mood positively buoyant. Once we’ve gotten served, I ease into a question I’ve been needing to ask.

“So, I have a question for my Master.”

Edward’s eyes flash. “In da house.”

“Oh my god, you are beyond corny tonight. Okay, I would like to have a small space somewhere—maybe one drawer—that is just for me. A place I know that Master’s prying eyes will not invade.”

Edward chomps thoughtfully on a sweet potato fry, then leans in and asks, “You’re not dealing drugs or anything, are you?”

I whack him in the arm and he grins.

“So, what is it? Love letters from old boyfriends? Diary? Justin Bieber albums?”

“Sorry to disappoint, but no… just some really raunchy lingerie I’d like to be able to pull out once in a while to surprise my boyfriend.”

“Oh. Wow, internal conflict happening here. On the one hand, Master doesn’t like you keeping any secrets. On the other hand, raunch is raunch. On the third hand, okay, yep, we’re good with that.”

He unhinges his jaw and takes a huge bite of his burger.

“You haven’t been sniffing something funny down there in the basement, have you?”

Mouth half-full of meat and bread and whatever else he ordered on it, Edward says, “This is what’s called a ‘natural high,' baby.”

He basically still has that same grin on his face when we get back home. We hang up our coats and head for our separate rooms. As I slip into the guest room, Edward says, “Actually, I’m going to need a little privacy to pack as well.”

Of course he does. Master will be choosing his toys for the trip.

“Okay, just open your door when you’re ready for me,” I tell him.

“Oh, baby, I’m ready for you now, but that’ll have to wait.”

I set my hand flat over his full belly and give him a gentle nudge across the hall. “Don’t take too long now,” he says.

I pull the door shut and get to work. Two nights, three days. Tomorrow  I’m in charge, Saturday night is Master’s. I either need no panties at all or a new pair for every hour we’re together. As much as I’m looking forward to setting my white ass down on a beach and taking in some sun, I know that this weekend is going to be one long, non-stop kinkfest. I empty the contents of my bag from Exquisite Things right into my suitcase, set in the bathing suits and shorts I bought last week with Edward, roll up a couple of my slinky maxi dresses, a few carefully selected pairs of sexy heels, flip flops, and a pair of sneakers, just in case we decide on a hike or bike ride.

Edward makes a point of letting me know his door is open, but I try not to think about whatever he’s packed or however “happy” he is right this moment . If I’m not focused, I’ll arrive on the island without something crucial.

I toss some airline-approved bottles into a Ziploc so my hair won’t be a giant tangle of frizz, add the basics—lip gloss, mascara, eye liner, moisturizer—and make sure my electronics are all properly plugged in and charging. If we come up for air at some point, maybe I can get in some writing, see what kind of shenanigans my Dark Prince can get up to on a hot tropical island.

Proud of myself for finishing by 9:30, I zip my suitcase and roll it past where Edward’s watching TV and stand it up by the front door.

“Carrying on?” he asks, incredulous and obviously impressed.

“Yup.”

“You are my kinda girl.” He reaches out his hand and I happily grab hold. With one sharp yank, he pulls me onto his lap.

“Wow, is this the same one as before, or have you gone and gotten yourself excited all over again in there?” I lean over and kiss him before he has a chance to answer.

His hand closes around my head while the other creeps up my thigh. “Let’s just say it never really went away.”

“Poor baby.” More kissing. “That sounds painful.” I open his pants, and he groans when I put my hand around him.

“It’s starting to feel better now.” Playful grin—the kind of grin that makes girls take off their pants.

“You have been so brave.”

“Ah, fuuuck!” He hisses and throws his head back against the couch as I sink down and take him inside me.

“Exactly what I had in mind.”

His hands slide to my hips and he plunges me up and down along his thick shaft. And while I’m bouncing away on top of my sexy boyfriend, I fantasize about everything I’ll be able to do to him when he’s mine tomorrow night. Reality feeds the fantasy, and the visuals make me that much hornier. How freaking lucky am I to fantasize about the actual man whose cock I am riding? My inner dialogue gets filthier as he cranks up the volume, grunting and thrusting beneath me and pulling my tongue deep into his mouth.

He lowers his hands to my ass as he slams into me—deeper and faster and harder. His lips disconnect and before I have time to register the loss, he growls out, “Look at me, Isabella!”

Trained to obey his voice, my eyes immediately click into his.

“You see me, baby?”

His fierce, dark green eyes soften slightly when I nod, but it’s clear he’s near the end of his tether.

“I’m coming,” he thrusts and groans, “and I’m right…fucking, ahhh…here…with you!” He doesn’t look away except for a brief lapse when his eyes roll back in his head, but he’s back with the next breath he takes. His concern for my needs brings the sting of tears to my eyes, and as he bounces me on the aftershocks of his release, he kisses the wet trickles from my cheeks.

“Thank you,” I whisper.

“Pleasure was mine.” Sweet grin.

“I don’t know how you do that sometimes.”

He cocks his head. “What?”

“You go from light and playful to intense and…unfity in the blink of an eye.”

He chuckles. “Unfity?”

“Yeah, beyond the normal boundaries of sexy-as-fuck.”

“I’ll have to add that one to my dictionary.”

I bend over and kiss him some more. “You do that. And put your picture beside it, while you’re at it.”

“You ready for bed? We have an early wake-up call tomorrow.”

“Yes. You wore me out.”

“Mmm, sounds like you need a vacation.”

~/~

It’s not even my bag, and I’m shitting bricks. “You’re really just gonna put that thing through the X-ray machine and walk on through?”

“Sure. It’s not like anything is illegal. They’re just toys.”

“You’re not the least bit embarrassed?”

“Embarrassed? I’m taking the most beautiful girl here to—”

“St. Lucia, I saw the gate.”

“Fine,” he grumbles, “to St. Lucia, with a bagful of sex toys—some of which are yours, by the way....”

“Shhh!”

He shrugs. “Just sayin’. Every person here is insanely jealous of me. Why on earth would I be embarrassed?”

“Because they’re super-kinky bondage toys?”

“So?” he grins.

I look past the guy checking passports. “So which of those guys do you want to do your strip search?”

Edward laughs out loud. “None of them, thank you very much. Now, if they want to strip search you and let me watch…”

“Hmm,” I play along, “that one on the end isn’t bad. Let’s go in his line. Just in case.”

Edward gets our passports and boarding passes ready to hand the agent. “You better behave yourself, young lady.”

“Pfft, look who’s talking.”

“Morning, folks. Gonna soak up some sun, eh?”

“Yes, sir,” Edward answers, “my girl needs a tan.” Mr. Model Citizen.

The agent holds the picture up and looks at my face and hands the passport back to Edward. “She looks all right to me, buddy.” The guy gives me a little wink.

Edward waits quietly while the guy checks out his picture and cross-checks all the information on his boarding pass. “Now you, on the other hand, you could use a little sun.”

I’m pretty sure Edward is biting his cheek to keep from responding, and I decide to reward him later for his restraint.

Restraint. Mmmm, yes.

We push ahead toward the conveyor belts, and Edward leans his face over my shoulder and whispers, “If that guy wasn’t wearing a uniform…”

I giggle and remind him he has bigger things to worry about than a flirty old security agent—such as the implements of torture in his bag. We take our place in line and start doing the airport striptease—shoes, belts, watches, empty your pockets, bring out your liquids, show us your laptops. Step into the machine and put your hands on your head and wait to be cleared.

“Thank you, miss, you can go.”

I chase my little grey bin down the belt, gathering up my belongings and pulling myself back together when I hear, “Sir, is this your bag?”

“Yes.”

I glance back at Edward. He seems unruffled. 

“Wanna step over to the side here so I can go through your bag?”

“Sure.”

The cute officer I picked out for us unzips Master’s duffel bag and tries to remain impassive and professional as he feels around in the bag, finding I don’t even know what. Remembering that I’m really not supposed to know what’s in there, I look away—just in case—not that the guy is flaunting anything out in the open.

Before I’ve got my boots zipped, Edward’s next to me on the bench, his bag slung casually over his shoulder.

“Done?”

“You seem disappointed. Were you hoping I’d get arrested?”

“Nope.”

“Isabella?”

“Hey, I can’t help it. I have a really kinky airport interrogation scene stuck in my head.”

He shakes his head and laughs and mumbles something like, “Luckiest fucker on the planet,” under his breath.

HE
“Welcome to St. Lucia, in the beautiful West Indies. Local time is 2:50 p.m.”

“It was so worth getting up early to catch this flight,” Isabella mumbles and yawns.

“Yeah, the other flights were ridiculous—three stops, fourteen hours. Not exactly my idea of a relaxing weekend.”

“I can’t wait to see the place you picked out for us.”

“I tell ya,  it wasn’t easy finding a Red Roof Inn all the way out  here, but I really do love their pillows.”

“Oh, you’re gonna be a funny one today, aren’t ya?”

I weave my fingers through hers. “If you’re asking me if I’m insanely happy to be here with you, the answer is ‘fuck yes.’”

“Right back at ya.”

The hotel transfer I arranged is waiting outside for us and whisks us away once we clear customs. As we hold hands in the back seat of the minivan, the driver points out—in a charming local accent—the sites on the 27-mile island. The vivid blue Caribbean water and bright, hot sun have already begun working their magic on both of us, but the closer we get to our destination, the more nervous I find myself becoming.

The ring is safely tucked away in an inside zippered pocket of the duffle bag, which thankfully the airport security officer didn’t reveal to my hopefully-soon-to-be-fiancée. I’ve already checked on it twice since we landed, but I won’t feel comfortable until I have it locked away in the safe. Of course, that assumes Isabella won’t also want access to the room safe.

What am I saying? This case of nerves is not going away until that ring is safely stowed where it was meant to reside permanently—on Isabella’s finger!

“You actually looked more relaxed yesterday in the lobby of SE.” She has a small smile on her face, but I see the concern behind her eyes. “Maybe we should’ve vacationed there instead.”

“Sorry, I just can’t wait to drag you into the ocean.”

Her face twists in panic. “Edward, you do know I can’t swim, right?”

Holy shit! What an insensitive boob I am. “I’m sorry, I…you can’t? Have we discussed this?” Jesus, why did I bring her to a tiny island?

“Hey, I’m just teasing you.”

“Oh, fuck, Isabella. That wasn’t funny.” I rake my fingers through my hair, pushing it off my forehead.

“Edward.” There’s a look of concern in her eyes now. “I’m sorry.”

I shrug it off and bring her hand up to my lips. “No worries.” I attempt to act normal for the remainder of the ride, but boy, am I happy to pull up to the reception area. Our van is surrounded by helpful door openers trying to pry our luggage away from us, but Master’s duffle isn’t leaving my sight.

We breeze through check-in, and soon one of the many accommodating staff is walking us to our suite.

Isabella smiles widely and silently mouths, “Suite,” as we clasp hands and follow our guide.

He points out the “fine dining options” in the hotel and the beautiful hand-tiled pool, going on about how we shouldn’t hesitate to call him if we need dinner reservations or private tours or spa services. We all take the elevator up to the fifth floor, and he opens the door of our suite with great flair. Isabella gasps when she sees the four-poster bed canopied with white gauze, and she rushes out the open wall leading to our private balcony overlooking the Pitons and the Caribbean Sea, dragging me with her. She’s completely disinterested in anything else the guy tries to tell us about the room once she catches the view, and I quickly dig out my wallet and hand the guy a quick twenty so he’ll get the hell out.

“Here ya go, buddy.”

“Very good, sir. Have a magnificent day.”

“Oh, Edward…it’s perfect!”

Standing behind her with my arms wrapped around her waist and her body pulled flush against mine, I take in the spectacular view of the private cove. The website did not begin to do justice to this slice of paradise. Isabella spins in my arms and wraps her hands behind my neck, pulling me down for a long, sumptuous kiss. When she loosens her grip on my neck and pulls away, her face is glowing with excitement. “Drag me to the beach now?”

she
My stomach is a tight knot of nerves through our indigenous St. Lucian dinner, and I almost feel guilty for wishing the time away until we can go back to our room. This is my night; I’ve been looking forward to it, planning for it, fantasizing endlessly…and now that we’re actually walking back to the room, of course, I’m having second thoughts.

Do I have the nerve to pull this off?

What if he thinks it’s lame?

What if I make a mistake and step over some invisible line?

Oddly enough, Edward seems more relaxed now than he has all day. Maybe we’re just two fish out of water, or actually, two fish who are used to being in the city who are now in water. I swear, it feels like someone lassoed us out of a picture and photoshopped us onto a tropical paradise background. He’s as familiar to me as my own face, but in this strange place, where we’re going to try out some new paradigms, I’m adrift.

Perceptive of my thoughts as ever, Edward gives my hand a squeeze as we wait for the elevator. “Have I told you lately how beautiful you look?”

“Not since dessert.”

“My bad,” he smirks. “Is that dress new?”

“Yeah.” The elevator arrives, and we step inside.

“Good. I don’t like the idea of anyone else seeing you in it.”

“Edward, I hate to tell you, but everyone at the restaurant saw me in it just now.”

He slips two fingers under the edge of my hair and tucks it behind my ear. “Damn, ya got me there.”

“You’re not too hard to look at yourself, mister.”

I just lied. He’s extremely hard to look at, excruciating even. “Did Riley pick out those pants for you?”

We both gaze down at his light tan linen pants, tailored to drape perfectly down the slope of his hips and thighs but provide just enough resistance to be intriguing.

The doors open on five, and he pulls me gently along down the hall. “You can pretty much assume that he picked out everything I own.”

“Not your bathing suits,” I remind him.

“True,” he grins.

“Never mind your pants. You’re not going to be wearing them much longer.”

It’s my first hint at what lies ahead. Edward has just reached the door, and he stops and turns his head to look at me. His tongue slides to the inside of his cheek, and his eyes penetrate mine. Without saying a word, he hands me the room key and steps aside. It’s as good as dropping to his knees; he’s all mine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Chapter 100 will post on Valentine's Day, and 101--the final chapter of the story-- will follow on our regular day (SATURDAY) 9 days laterI highly recommend you check out the customer images of the Playmobil Security Checkpoint on Amazon.  

56 comments:

  1. The chat with Charlie was phenomenal from beginning to end. Yes, please don't have a stroke. And wait, The Crazy Edward Show...dying.

    I have to ask, will we ever get a mini-outtake of what happened when the TSA agent had to go through E's bag?? That could be fun!!

    Yay for Valentine's Day and happy-sad dances for chapter 101. What an awesome journey this has been. I'll save the sentimental sappy, shtuff for that final chapter.

    Way to go, Punkin.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH the sappy. :( Not ready for it! I'll put your outtake idea on my list! Thanks for the naughty idea!
      Happy you enjoyed it...see ya Thursday!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  2. oh wow! Loved the meeting between Edward and Charlie. hehe. He wasn't so scary now, was he, Edward? And then there's the Edward who's floating on air. Ah, such a happy Master and boyfriend he is now that he has Charlie's blessing and they're on their way to their destination. The airport scene made me giggle, and thoughts of Edward being taken aside and strip searched did flit through my mind (naughty me, I know). And so, now they're on vacation...and it's Bella's turn to take control. I can't wait to see what Mistress Bella comes up with. Going to miss this story when it's done, but I'm looking forward to their scenes, and to the proposal. Thank you for sharing BoH xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for your feedback and for feeling the happy. This chapter was so much fun...being inside a floaty Edward the whole time, with his big secrets and big plans. It just felt so good in there! If you google airport security kink, you can probably find a scene similar to what you're thinking! Enjoy!
      XX
      b

      Delete
  3. Awwww yay for Charlie for accepting Edward and giving his blessings *tears*
    I loved the giddiness(all time high) of Edward as he made me smile and the thought of bag check-LOL
    I wish I was on vacation with them-could use some warmth :-)
    I can't believe you are ending it so soon, but look forward to hopefully more kinkfest w/E & B in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about Edward's all-time high. He is positively giddy, and that made this chapter SO MUCH FUN to write! The mr is whisking me away somewhere warm for Vday...not where they're going, but I'll have some sun on my face! ;)
      See you Thursday!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  4. Thanks Born,
    Loved it from start to finish.
    Loved how you started it with Edward wrapped around Bella, helping with her insecurities and then later on proving the "never not there" theory, the overwhelming happy tears of feeling his love...so, so good, or should I say so,so perfect.
    The chat with Charlie. This was fantastic. I personally wasn't expecting Edward to be so nervous, it was interesting to experience him like that and I love how Charlie put him at ease. I also enjoyed the irony of having Edward ride the elevator with Jasper and Alice and be the third wheel outside the office...classic.
    Totally enjoyed the speech, how he totally changed tact and just was so honest with his love for Isabella. I did expect Charlie to give him a hard time, but he really was the gracious father. I love what he said about the expectant phone call.
    And what a skip in his step Edward had for the rest of the day and beyond, that was fun.
    Thoroughly enjoyed the convo, re, a secret drawer and the answer, especially when it related to secret sexy lingerie.

    Interesting two "She" POV's in a row, but it worked well.
    I loved the interaction at the airport and there really is no phasing Edward, he didn't give a damn about the x-ray machine and the sex toys in his bag. He was proud of his sexy girl and the good times that were to come. Too funny Isabella's Interrogation plot, and there is no understatement in his comment, he really is a very lucky man.
    Ohhh he's getting nervous about that ring, I'm already squeeing over the Valentines day post and I can't wait til he proposes.
    But first it's Isabella's time to take charge and I loved how you had him hand over the key as representation of him handing over the power as if he was on his knees before her. Also looking forward to reading about Mistress Isabella and her sexy plans for them both.
    Ooohhh the next chanpter is going to be sooooo exciting, can't wait.
    Thanks so much Born.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Edward had ever BEEN this nervous about anything in his whole life! Possibly before the ball? I'd have to look back to remember. "A skip in his step"--YES! Totally. It's so fun to write him that way. Funny you thought Charlie might give him a hard time. I think maybe if E had gone in as a cocky fool, Charlie might've drawn it out a bit, put him thru the wringer, but he could see that the guy was not himself, nervous and awkward, and he couldn't make him suffer more!

      Edward is impossible to embarrass! Looking forward to sharing 100 on Vday! See you there, and thank you for all your insights, Whiti!
      xxx
      b

      Delete
  5. I think Edward was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, when it came to to asking Charlie that all important question. And I thought Bella was going to die when the security guard wanted to inspect Edward's bag at the airport! I imagine that the security at airports see all sorts of things they wish they didn't! LOL

    I do hate to think that there are only two chapters left to this story or is there (wishful thinking) going to be another sequel to this one?

    Excellent chapter as always my dear!

    CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat in a roomful of rocking chairs...FTW!
      I think those security people are nosy as all get-out and they have a great time snooping through our stuff! Word to the wise--take OUT the batteries before you fly! Nothing sets off TSA like a buzzing vibe!

      A sequel to the sequel? God help me.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hey B, you know unless you start something else of this quality, I'm gonna miss my Saturday's with this happy couple. Thank you so much for sharing your considerable talent with me, us. You've been a great source of inspiration to my fledgling writing and story telling skills. I mean this from the very depths of my heart. Thank you. xo Dinia/Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something else of this quality? A 2-year pursuit...oh dear. We'll see where the bunnies take me!

      I'm so happy you've felt inspired by something you've found here. That's a huge compliment. Keep it up, D. See you in the funny papers!
      x

      Delete
  7. what a great way to start my saturday, edward going all nuts with charlie, and then security at the airport, btw, an outtake of the security guard would be awesome! um, and i might be familiar with being 'caught' with something in my carry on *blushes* oh boy, not only do we get kinky Domme Isabella but Edward dropping to one knee for something other than kinky...so awesome...keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to the knee droppage! Maybe. I will take the outtake idea under advisement. That would be a TSA security advisory. Get it?
      xxoo
      b

      Delete
  8. I loved this little part,

    “Charlie, look. Six weeks…it’s crazy, right? But isn’t that what love is?” Suddenly, I’m up on my feet, pacing and scrambling to make my argument. “I’ve been pretty much out of my mind since the moment I first met Isabella, and to be honest, it’s getting worse! I mean, thank God I don’t have to operate heavy machinery.”

    I had a good laugh. This chapter was full of all kinds of goodness.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Being inside floaty Ed's head was delightful for me, and I'm glad it made you feel happy, too.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I wonder if Charlie knew what was coming with this meeting and if he had planned on giving Edward a hard time until he saw what the loop the boy was knocked for. It was almost strange seeing Edward not in total control. Endearing though. A small moment in the grand scheme of things, but the pride that Bella showed when they discussed Edwards clothes and the fact that she picked some of them was so cute. Good on her for that. Edward going through security with the toys...knowing he was going to be pulled aside, but not caring. That was wickedly powerful. He is a man who knows who he is and takes great pride in it. Would love to know the security dudes thoughts.
    Born am looking forward to my anniversary present on the 14th (20 yrs woo hoo) Hubs and I will have to take a few minutes outta the day so I can read it then commence the "celebrating". I am still sad that this is coming to an end. I always felt that we would be getting a story till they were old and grey. (I can picture Isabella handcuffed to her walker, hee hee) Good for you though, I hope writing this has been as fulfilling to you as it has for me in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd assume Charlie had a good idea! Interesting question about Charlie maybe changing his tune once he saw how tortured Edward was.

      What a cool anniversary! WOOHOO! Happy I can "be there with you" on the big day, and hopefully I can provide you some inspiration!

      Yes, Vicki, this story has been enormously fulfilling for me in so many ways. I can't reflect quite yet because the tears will start flowing, and I'm not ready for that!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  10. I'm sure you will hear this from everyone, but this was so much FUN!!! From the early morning meeting to the surrender of power, just a joy to read. The only downer came from the A/N at the end. End, not a word I like any more. At all. *heads off to sulk in the corner*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gumi,
      So happy to hear it was a joy for you. I felt very happy writing it, probably smiled the entire time. Being inside this man's head is a nice place for me! Awww, I remember when you first started reading OUAD! I know, kiddo.
      xx

      Delete
  11. What a fun chapter. The Edward/Charlie scene was everything I hoped it would be and more. This line killed me:

    "Charlie laughs and relaxes back into the couch, folding his arms behind his head and watching The Crazy Edward Show."

    He really was out of control, and we all know how much he enjoys being in control. I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a little when Charlie told him not only did he have his permission but also his blessing. The entire scene was perfection, my friend, and no one but you could have written it that way.

    Of course the airport security would look through HIS bag, but he owned it. He knows who he is and has no qualms about it. I've always wondered if Charlie has any idea of what they are into; why Edward suits her so much better than Jasper ever did. Charlie is not a stupid man and it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

    Edward is going to be like a hen on a griddle until he gives her that ring and I can't wait to read about it. I can't believe this is going to end in two chapters. I'm going to miss them so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Charlie and Edward are well-matched, united in the common front of being so fiercely protective of Bella. It was fun watching this unfold before my eyes and sharing it with you guys! You remind us how much Charlie and Renee loved Jasper for Bella, and it makes me realize how much EVERYONE in the story has grown, and how much more honest they ALL are now than back at the ball. Her parents have always wanted the best for her, but now they trust HER to know when she's gotten it! I really don't think a father wants to spend time thinking about the defiling of his daughter, no matter how much he loves the guy!

      HEN ON A GRIDDLE!! Another GREAT metaphor. I'm having fun picturing that. Hope you love the next one...see you in a few days!
      xx

      Delete
  12. Hilarious conversation with Charlie! I can't imagine that he didn't already have his suspicions about Edward's plans. He didn't become the CEO of a huge company because because of a lack of people-reading skills...

    I checked out the Playmobil Security Checkpoint toy at Amazon; I didn't see any "images." Were you referring to the customer reviews? Those are hilarious -- and I agree with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about Charlie. He's a smart guy!

      The customer reviews are funny, and it's the customer IMAGES to which I was referring. I posted one in my facebook group. Definitely not the way Playmobil intended!

      Delete
  13. Loved the convo between Edward and Charlie. The Crazy Edward Show, hope you don't have a stroke, and Edward's aquiescing to go fly fushing are a scream. So want to know if Charlie wore a blue tie for the same reason that Edward did .

    Been there, done that, and got a t~shirt on the airport/toys thing. Well, not me but a good friend . Twenty women went to Mexico for a batchelorette party. The only thing we bought her were toys! Well and very raunchy sexware!!! She got picked to be searched at the airport. You should have seen the looks on the agents faces while they reached for gloves. Cameras were flashing and not just from peeps in our group either! That whole scene was a scream!!! Ahhhhh...... good times!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say what Charlie was thinking when he picked out his tie, but I do know he wants Edward to be successful in his bid for Bella.

      OH MY GOSH...WHAT A STORY! That's when you really have to own it! Good lordy be!
      xx

      Delete
  14. Sniff..sniff....no, no, no you can't take away my Saturday morning pleasure. You are ripping my heart out B-you KNOW how much I love my(your) Edward. And this chapter was so sweet and funny. I loved how Edward "unhinged his jaw" to take a massive bite of his burger! And I did love how Charlie gave him his blessing. You know what I want lady-a version of this story for my kindle! Give it up!! Have a wonderfully romantic Valentine's Day(I'll be working)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you noticed the RP unhinging! *winks* Happy VDay to you, too. Surely you will not be working ALL THE LIVELONG DAY?
      x

      Delete
  15. Okay, I can not even think about this story ending. So fingers in my ears and LALALALALALALA to that.
    I adored Charlie getting a kick out of The Crazy Edward Show, and how awesome that he gave his blessing. He knows what (who) is good for his little girl!
    Jumping ahead in time (incaseyou'relookingforanouttakeidea), I do hope that Master and princess get a turn at a honeymoon, too, and that it takes place in Marcus' dungeon. What a fabulous wedding gift for him to give the happy couple ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Cap. You're such a sweetheart.

      Thank you for the lovely outtake idea. Keep those thoughts and kinky ideas coming!
      xx

      Delete
  16. I started my birthday off perfectly with my favorite Saturday morning indulgence. Such a happy chapter. I too can't wait for the proposal, but I'm already mourning that this story will come to an end in such a short time. I've read hundreds of Edward/Bella stories, but this couple is by far my favorite. I will miss waking up to them every Saturday morning, but happily anticipate what the next adventure is you'll take us on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Susan! What a most wonderful compliment. I'm so pleased these two are high on your list. I really appreciate your kind words.
      Thanks so much, and I shall see you in just a few days.
      xx
      b

      Delete
  17. I feel ashamed that I have not reviewed the previous four or five chapters. I have had alot going on in my RL; however, I do wish for you to know that I have faithfully read and re-read each chapter. Each Saturday morning I anticipated with glee to see where you would take these two in their further discovery and solidification of their relationship. I was never disappointed.

    I have to say that I was rather shocked that Edward had realized so early in their relationship (I never truly came to grips with the idea that they have only been co-habitating for a short six weeks because you have taken us on such a long journey throughout these past months with these two wonderful characters.) that Isabella was "it" for him. You have most assuredly made your readers understand all throughout this journey that Edward was the one for Isabella, but with a man it is always sort of up in the air with regard to their true feelings.

    It is apparent with this chapter that that Isabella's father, Charlie, is on the same page as Edward, and I believe he can truly see the care, adoration, and love Edward feels for Isabella, so his ready acceptance of Edward as his further son-in-law was definitely heartwarming.

    Even though there are two remaining chapters, I feel like this is "goodbye". I am actually crying while writing this. I feel to compelled to tell you "Born" that your writing has brought me personally through what has been the "darkest" 24 months of my life--between OUAD and KEA, I have used your stories as a tool to escape from my RL which at best can be described as extremely difficult and trying. However, each week I read your stories, and by reading each posted chapter and often reviewing, I found my words again and the ability to express myself again. For that I sincerely thank you.

    I anticipate the two remaining chapters, and maybe, possibly some outtakes??? Either way, it has been a wild ride, and I have loved every minute of it.

    Until the 14th.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, I'm deeply moved by your comments. I'm so pleased that my stories may have been helpful to you in some small way. I feel as though I've taken this journey with so many of you personally, and I always enjoy hearing from people about what it's meant to them. Thank you so much for that.

      As for Edward "knowing"...if you'll recall the very earliest chapters of KEA, when she first comes home with him, he tells her he wants to be careful to preserve the idea of becoming bf and gf. He knew even then that she touched him beyond anything he'd ever experienced before, and every bit of evidence gathered since then has only fueled his confidence that she is the one. As I said up a few reviews, I feel as if Charlie has grown enormously since the ball and the Christmas Eve disappointment about Jasper. He and Renee have learned to trust B to know what she wants and needs.

      Let's not say goodbye quite yet, okay?
      xx

      Delete
  18. Looking forward to Bella having her moment as Domme but honestly can't see how this can be over in two more chapters, will there be a sequel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryle, it's not my plan to continue the story as a sequel. I do, however, have at least one of their scenes written already and I could see publishing it as an outtake. I also have a pretty rich list of ideas for others, so I think you'll see these two again. Stay in touch!
      Thank you for all your support for the story.
      xx

      Delete
  19. Oh wow. I can't believe this amazing, crazy ride is almost over! KEA has been part of my Saturday routine for what seems like such a long time - I can't imagine what's going to happen now that that will be done. I am SO EXCITED to see what will happen with Bella in charge! And of course can't wait for the proposal as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too, anon! I don't know what I'm gonna do...
      xx

      Delete
  20. Oh my god Born!
    As you already know, the talk with Charlie had me a giggling mess! The crazy Edward show! LOL. I hope he doesn't have a stroke either! I love how Charlie told him to tell Bella of their chat! He is just the sweetest and best dad! I just love that man!

    Edward being on cloud nine and amazingly happy was just precious! I love to see them both like that!
    Their packing in private was too cute. Carry on! I love the way she thinks! It's not like either of them need a lot of clothes anyway!

    Going through security, made me laugh even harder!
    Seriously this whole chapter have me a huge smile!

    Now, I can't wait for 100! Are we going to see what Bella comes up with? Will Edward propose in that one? So many things running through my mind, especially with only 2 chapters left! Ahhhh! Soo sad to see them go, but all amazing stories come to an end!?? I have truly loved the Master and princess you have given us and I will miss my Saturday morning KEA!
    Amazing Born! Thanks for the big smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing this chapter had me smiling as well, Grnid. So happy you felt his joy and her amusement!

      Hell yes, you're going to see what B comes up with! Will he propose in 100?
      Well, it's titled "Happy Places" so you be the judge.

      Sigh. Not ready to say goodbye yet!
      xx

      Delete
  21. I love your version of Charlie. usually he's in the background (like he is in the books) but he's a real, very present part of Bella's life in this story. and hes funny. I love love love how hes getting along with Edward so recently after Jasper disappeared (esp when he liked Jasper so well). the moment where charlie claps edward on the shoulder and gives him his blessing made me swoon. ive mentioned it before but one of the things i loved most about twilight was the "family" relationships and this soon-to-be in law situation makes me squee. its like my parents and their in laws- everyone gets along great, no bitterness, no resentment, etc. its lovely.

    love how giddy and 'floaty' edward was throughout the chapter. very cute. makes ya smile and think of little boy edward. :)

    and OMG the imagery of the last sentences of the chapter. i dont think i can verbalize the chill of goosebumps or the fluttering in my stomach it gave me when i stumbled over those final lines. I had to reread the end about 4 times in a row because it was so good and i just had to soak it up... can't wait til the update on Vday with mistress bella(I wonder if i can make myself wait to read it until that night when i get off work- ill probably need it after working the night of valentines day at a card store!)

    Ill be sad to see this story end but i guess itll give me the perfect opportunity to start over from the beginning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Digi, I like that description you use for Charlie- he IS present in his daughter's life in a way most fathers would KILL to be. Working with her, mentoring her, sharing lunches up in his office, watching her grow and find happiness and really getting to know the man she'll be spending her life with...IF all goes as planned!

      If I were to explore further, I'd dig in a bit with the in-law situation. I always thought a scene with everyone would be highly entertaining, though I'm not sure I could write it to do it justice. Always thought Esme and Charlie could cause some fireworks together, and I just love the Edward and Renee dynamic. All four of the parents really "get him" and that's a whole lot of fun to write. Alas...

      So happy you enjoyed the forced orgasms scene. It had to happen!

      Start over from the beginning? OH dear, you really are a MASOCHIST!
      xxx

      Delete
  22. OMG, the play-set is ridiculously funny, but the reviews for the product are even better! http://www.amazon.com/PLAYMOBIL%C2%AE-36138-Playmobil-Security-Check/product-reviews/B0002CYTL2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe that its about to end. This story is just one of those things that really becomes a major part of your everyday life, waiting for updates and what crazy thing edward might do. Its been a wonderful journey to be a part of. I hope that you can give some snippets of their future (aka little bella or edwards). I love this story and I love you Born for creating such wonderful stories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pauline. So happy you've been enjoying this story for so long!
      xx

      Delete
  24. "I finally stop pacing and turn to look into his eyes. I resist the urge to drop to one knee."

    LOL!

    Hey B,

    I've never been to St. Lucia, but I'm reading this chapter while sitting on a beach in Aruba. (Don't hate me! LOL) Unfortunately, Mr. PB stayed back at home, so I'm still jealous of Bella & Edward. :-P

    Loved Edward and his blissful mood! His permagrin put a smile on my own face. I really loved his talk with Charlie. He seems like an amazing dad and future father-in-law!

    I'm gonna be so sad when this comes to an end; I've enjoyed it thoroughly all the way through. Can't wait to see what Isabella has in store for her man... And the proposal! Be still, my heart...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries here...I just got back from PR!

      PERMAGRIN- great way of describing my own smile while writing this. I do think Charlie is a wonderful FIL-to-be...maybe! ;)

      Yeah, well, 100 is up so you probably already know everything!
      xx

      Delete
  25. Great chapter! I feel the conclusion happening, but I am still sad. But, I appreciate it not going on just without a purpose ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Flyr. These two deserved a decent ending and not a rambling mess that I couldn't bear to let go! So...I'll try to do them justice.
      x

      Delete
  26. I pictured that he was about to vibrate out of his skin talking to Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I created the proper picture for you!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  27. In case you couldn't tell, I'm trying to savor every last bit of KEA.
    I loved Edward's asking Charlie for her hand. And Charlie was really great about it. He really went out of his way to make it easier for Edward. Though he was sly as ever, setting up that fishing trip. And now they're in St Lucia. Ring and toys safely with them. Can't wait to see what Bella has in store for Edward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take your time, sweets!
      Charlie finds an equal match in Edward, I believe, and that's what makes their relationship so much fun to write. Mutual respect and understanding (to a certain point-LOL!)

      Hope you likey St. L!
      xx

      Delete
  28. ah it's really just hitting me now that this story is coming to an end! no! I want more! I guess I'm going to have to read Marcus Remastered. Twist my arm.....seriously, the scene where Edward asks Charlie's permission is so very cute! So you're packing into the last 2 chapters everything about her dom scene, the proposal, and all about their trip to St. Lucia? That's a lot! I'd better get to reading them! You know this has been a very special, wonderfully written journey for me. Thanks for all you've written and fed back to me....

    ReplyDelete