Friday, November 23, 2012

88 PLANS

~Chapter 88~
PLANS

HE
“You better be getting yourself a new bathing suit, that’s all I have to say.”

“What’s wrong with my old one?” I complain.

“Um, okay. Let’s start with the fact that it’s not even close to its original color, and faded peach is really not your color, dude. Add to that the fact that penguins sliding down ice chutes are not exactly hot boyfriend material, and top it all off with the elastic shot to hell and while I love your ass crack more than life itself, your girlfriend is a classy broad and that shit is not gonna fly, so to speak.”

“Riley,” I laugh, “okay, man. Jesus, dude, I thought Sean was supposed to be mellowing you.”

“You harshed my mellow, Edward. How can you even consider shopping for your big tropical adventure without me? That’s our deal.” Riley doesn’t usually resort to pissy, so I’m figuring he actually is genuinely upset over this.

“Ri, come on, be reasonable. How is your boyfriend going to feel when you tell him you want to take me bathing suit shopping?”

“Who said I was gonna tell him?”

This is laughable. Riley couldn’t keep a secret if his life depended on it, and everyone knows it. “What else ya got?” I push.

“Okay fine. I hadn’t really considered that, I guess. Hey…maybe he’d want to come too. I could dress two birds with one stone.”

“If that’s a reference to your dick, I really don’t want to hear it.”

“So we good then? Bergdorf tomorrow at one? No, wait, we should go to lunch first. Let’s hit Caruso’s at noon. You can wow Bella by finishing off one of their famous chicken parm sub bombs. It’s perfect!”

“Holy shit.” I rub my forehead wondering how this is going to go over with Isabella. For all I know, she has plans I don’t know about. “We’re really double dating at BG Men’s? This is…weird, to say the least.”

“Oh, Edward. Stop being such a worry wart. You’re gonna give yourself wrinkles.”

“Let me confirm with Bella.”

“Hey, surprise me. You’ve got me in shopping mode now and I’m taking Sean either way. In fact, I’m going to do some closet surfing right now and see what I can talk him into trying on for me.”

“You guys aren’t gonna go and do anything embarrassing in the fitting room, are you?”

Riley guffaws into the phone. “I believe they call that ‘projecting,’ my friend. Doth thou have some dirty thoughts? And yes, the Pope shits in the woods.”

“You just answered your own question, Ri. I’m getting another call…oh wonderful. It’s the girlfriend’s bff’s asshat boyfriend. I have to go…”

“Lovely speaking with you, Edward. Hope we’ll see you at Caruso’s. And Bergdorf’s. I’m thinking you could really use some Tommy Bahama’s camp shirts for your trip.”

“We’re not talking about those damn shirts again. Goodbye, Riley.”

“Love you, Ed.”

-Accept Call-

“Hello.”

“Hello, um…Edward? This is Garrett.”

I grab a juicy green apple from the bowl on the counter and sit down on the nearest stool.

“Hi, Garrett.”

I wait, holding the phone away from my mouth. Crunch. Munch. Slurp.

“Yeah, so Angela said it would be okay to call you?”

“Mmhmm.” Chomp. Wait.

“I suppose I owe you an apology.”

“You sure? You don’t sound too convinced.”

“I hear I was kind of an ass.”

Jesus, this is the lamest apology I have ever heard. I take an extra harsh bite into the apple so I don’t rip his head off instead. “By any wild chance, did whoever told you that also explain exactly what assholish behavior you exhibited?”

He laughs nervously. “As a matter of fact, she elaborated quite eloquently on the topic.”

Finally, a human moment.

“Well, that’s helpful,” I comment, still waiting for him to man up.

“Yeah, not so much at the time.” Loud sigh. “So I’ve had some…alone time to reflect, and I really am sorry I came at you like that at our house.”

I wait. He’s just getting started here, and there’s plenty more for him to say without any help from me. He does what most insecure people do when faced with a void—he fills it.

“I guess I was still hurting over the breakup—on my friend’s behalf and all—and I was a tad judgmental. Okay, a lot judgmental—which was wrong, because I don’t even know you. And in the end, the only thing that matters is that Bella’s happy, and Jasper’s happy, and Angela’s happy. Come to think of it, I’m the only one who’s unhappy!” He ends on the same little forced laugh.

“Yeah, I guess that couch can be a pretty cold place in the middle of the night, especially when your girl is down the hall. So close, yet so far, right?”

“Right.”

I wait.

“So…Edward…how do I do this? How can I make it right?”

I bite off the last vestiges of flesh from the core and get up to chuck it in the trash.

“Okay, here’s the deal, Garrett. I don’t really give a rat’s ass what you think of me. The only part you got right is that all that matters is Bella’s happiness. She happens to love Angela, which means you and I might be stuck with each other for a good long while. I’m more than happy to coexist with you, if you can keep your narrow-minded views from being so insulting that everyone in the room feels uncomfortable. With me so far?”

“Sure,” he responds, happy to be led around by the nose and given a second chance.

“Good. Then how about we let the girls come up with a mutually agreeable date and you two can join us at our home for dinner—so long as you behave yourself.”

“Thank you, Edward. That’s very generous of you—”

“I agree, and I’m not going to be generous again if you screw this up. It would be sad if the girls were relegated to ladies’ lunch and the occasional girls’ night out just because you couldn’t rein in your colossal ego, but frankly, I’m not going to be the one whacking off into a hand towel and eating Froot Loops for dinner if that happens. You got me?”

“I believe I do. Thank you,” he says rather uncertainly.

“Later then.” I am so done with this guy. I click END and toss the remains of the apple into the barrel and briefly muse whether this guy is rotten to the core.

“Did you just tell Garrett he’d be whacking off into a hand towel?”

My beautiful girlfriend is up from her nap and she is standing in front of me with her arms crossed and left eyebrow arched. Whoopsie.

“I was describing a hypothetical situation.”

She smiles and shakes her head. “So what’s the verdict?”

“You need one more session with Master and then you’ll be ready. Pick a date with Angela any time after Wednesday night. Oh, and how do you feel about going clothes shopping tomorrow—with Riley and Sean?”

she
“I don’t get how you’re never cold,” I grumble. “Though I’m not really complaining about snuggling up into this soft leather jacket of yours and getting to hold your real hand and not some covered-up version.”

Edward turns his head and gives me one of his patented you-are-so-entirely-owned-by-me stares. “I was under the distinct impression you liked my leather gloves.”

The only response to that is none at all, which is exactly what he gets. After a light chuckle, he asks, “So what do you think about playing Friday night versus Saturday?”

“I certainly love that we have another whole day to be together tomorrow. I think I may have accidentally been willing away the first half of the weekend because I was always so anxious to get into scene.”

He nods. “And now we have the whole day ahead of us.”

“Yes. The only thing is, I’m not entirely transitioned out of submissive mode, you know? I mean, if we had some heavy social commitment tonight with other people, I’m not sure how well I’d do with it.”

“I might still have a few brain cells in Master mode, myself,” he admits. “That was a pretty intense scene today.”

“It helps that you changed clothes…gah, those boots!” I turn my face to the snow, shivering a bit at the giddy memory of his heavy Doc on my back just a few short hours ago. Still, I feel his smile.

“Well, I figured you’d be changing out of your gag and collar, so…”

“Oh, man,” I groan.

“Sorry,” he says with a soft laugh.

“Just don’t even pretend you are,” I admonish him.

Edward reaches into his pocket and smiles when he sees who’s just messaged. “It’s Marcus. He says he could meet us this Thursday.”

Suddenly, the temperature rises at least twenty degrees. Edward waits patiently for my answer. I’m beyond keen for this first meeting, and I nod. “So, where is this epic event  going to take place? I don’t think I could handle you two in public again—even if we’re not in scene.”

“We are most definitely not going to be in scene, but you’re right. This calls for a much more private setting. We’ll meet at Marcus’s place.”

“Holy shitfires.” I suppose the thought should’ve occurred to me before this moment, but I have been so caught up in the “what” that I failed to consider the “how” of it all.

Edward squeezes my hand, and I look up reflexively. I’m quite sure he doesn’t mistake my rosy cheeks as something weather-related. “I’m not leaving you alone with him unless and until you are comfortable.”

“I know.”

“AND I will be sitting within thirty feet at all times.”

I have to laugh. “Sounds like you don’t trust the guy!”

He gets real serious real quickly. “I trust him more than just about anybody on the planet, but your comfort means everything to me.”

“I get that. Thank you. So…his place…what are we talking about here? Torture chambers? Dungeons and dragons?”

“Hell, Isabella, you’ve got that brain going full-tilt now, don’t you?”

“Occupational hazard, yes.”

“Let’s all be thankful for that!” He adds a comical eyebrow pump.

“It’s just…don’t take this the wrong way, okay?...I’ve had my fair share of fantasies about playrooms and dungeons, I mean, what true submissive doesn’t, right? After I met you and we started…you know...scening, I kind of figured this was it, and I’m really not feeling any regrets, but I guess if I’m being honest, I can’t help admitting to a slight curiosity about all that other stuff.”

“Hmm, stuff like St. Andrews Crosses and leather whipping benches and suspension hardware and stocks and sawhorses?”

“Would you like to have to scoop me up off the sidewalk and carry me to dinner?”

“A little bit, yeah.”

“Keep it up then, my incorrigible boyfriend.”

“Highly encourageable.” He smiles that beautiful, happy smile.

We’ve miraculously arrived at Sprig without further incident, and as Edward pulls open the heavy door, we’re greeted by savory aromas and soft jazz. “Thanks. This is just what I need tonight.” Of course it is; he always knows exactly what I need.

Once we’re unwrapped and seated—and re-seated at an out-of-the-way table for two—Edward  rearranges the place settings so that we’re right next to each other rather than across the table. He weaves his fingers around mine and tucks our joined hands into his lap. “Want some wine or should we go with cocktails first?”

“I’m feeling wine tonight—as long as you can handle me a little bit mushy.”

“Mush away, sweetheart. Let it all hang out.”

He swiftly manages the wine list, and before long, we’re both sipping on a full-bodied red wine and dunking some really fresh bread into some even more delicious dipping oil and I’m about as happy as a person has the right to be.

HE
I rap my knuckles softly against the guest room door before walking across the room to her desk.

“Coffee?”

She stops typing and regards the outstretched mug over her shoulder. Her eyes drift up to mine and a bright smile appears on her Sunday-morning-recently-rolled-out-of-bed face. “Thanks. What time is it?”

“8:22.”

She smirks at my precision and sips at the coffee gratefully.

“What are you doing up so early?”

“I wanted to beat you to the kitchen for once.”

One eyebrow tips up. “Does that mean…?”

“Your veggies are diced and your egg whites are whipped, just like your boyfriend.”

“Oh! Are we role-playing so early today? Let’s see, maybe I’ll be Cleopatra today.”

I huff, “Perfect. Queen of Denial.”

“Listen, Julius, I’m almost done with this chapter. By the time you shower and make my omelet, I’ll be ready to join you.”

“Yes, my queen.” I give her a royal bow—something I picked up from The Tudors, most likely (damn, I love me a great King Henry)—and leave her giggling at her desk.

Conscious of the fact that I’ll be dressing and undressing multiple times this afternoon, I choose a T-shirt and crew neck over a pair of jeans with a zipper. Riley talked me into buying button-flies the last few trips, claiming if I’m not sober enough to get them open, I shouldn’t be allowed to unleash the beast. Does he not know you can just yank apart the sides? Scratch that, I’m positive Riley knows every damn shortcut to opening a man’s pants.

Isabella joins me in the kitchen just as I’m pouring the orange juice.

“Impressive,” she says, wrapping an arm around my waist and pinching my love handle.

“Save room for lunch,” I warn. “I’m taking you to Caruso’s today.”

She refills both our coffee mugs before sitting down at the counter with me. “That’s very brave before bathing suit shopping. Glad I already got mine.”

“Don’t I know it,” I admit, rubbing my belly thoughtfully. “I guess we’ll just have to work it off later.”

“Are you propositioning me?”

I laugh. “Actually, I was referring to the gym, but that works, too.”

“Figures, the one time you actually weren’t talking about sex…” her voice trails off and her head shakes side to side as she jellies up her English muffin.

“Must’ve been a steamy chapter. Exactly what have you done to that princess now?”

Judging from the blush that heats up her face, I already know it’s something especially filthy. She swiftly changes the subject.

“Did you make two separate omelets?”

“No. I figured I’d just stick with healthy…for now.”

Isabella nods and smiles. “The whippage is proceeding on schedule.”

“Yes, no doubt culminating in a spectacular display of emasculation at Bergdorf’s around, oh…let’s say five p.m.”

Isabella ruffles my wet hair playfully. “Poor fella. Just think about how hot you’re gonna look in your new duds, especially with those perfectly-tended feet!”

“Gee thanks. Let’s do talk about the pedicure again. Because that wasn’t castrating in the least!”

She giggles softly at my antics, so I ham it up a bit for her.

“You’re turning me into a capon here, baby. Pretty soon I’ll be buying myself gifts from La Perla!”

“Oh shit, Edward. Cut it out! I’m trying to eat here!” she snorts.

“Just sayin’.”

She dabs her napkin over her mouth and swallows whatever was in there before I started in on this tirade. “If you had any idea what the Dark Prince was up to this morning, you wouldn’t…you just couldn’t possibly have a moment’s doubt about my perception of your virility.”

“Do tell, princess.”

And the blush returns.

“Let’s just say that the idea of visiting a real-life playroom has been all kinds of inspiring for me.”

“Ah.” I can barely contain my grin. “Damn, honey, I can hardly wait to show you around the place.”

“I’m not sure I could survive it.”

“Oh, but what a way to go!”

“Just be prepared to catch me when I faint dead away.”

“You know, you’re not the shrinking violet you seem to fancy yourself.”

Her eyes click up from her omelet and she sees that I mean it as a compliment. She takes her coffee mug and settles back in her chair, soaking in my adoring gaze for several silent minutes.

A wide smile appears behind the mug. “Neither are you, my sweet dark prince. Neither are you.”

she
I’m in my happiest of happy places, lying sprawled along the couch with my head dead center of Edward’s lap. The book I’m not reading is open against my chest, but I don’t have the will to force my eyes open, especially with Edward twirling his fingers through my hair, along my forehead and behind my ears. He’s pulling me into a trance and I don’t ever want to leave.

With the Super Bowl exactly one week away, there’s a constant drone of testosterone-filled voices and an endless stream of football videos with epic musical accompaniments.

“Isabella?”

His voice is quiet, as if he’s afraid I’m really asleep. I open my eyes and look up into his warm, sage eyes. “Yeah?”

“I’ve been sitting here staring at you and thinking about what you said…”

“Which thing I said?”

“About fantasies unfulfilled.”

Oh shit. I pop up onto my elbows so fast he almost pokes me in the eye. “Edward, I hope to GOD you are not sitting there thinking for one split second that you have not fulfilled every fantasy I’ve ever imagined and a hundred more.”

He smiles and shakes his head. “Don’t worry, I’m not getting maudlin. I promise. Lie back down, would ya? I like your head in my lap.”

Gladly.

“I want you to do something a little different for your journal entry this time.”

“Oh.” So that’s what this is all about?

“We’ve had a significant number of scenes at this point, and it’s a good time for reflection. I certainly have my ideas about what I want to accomplish with you, but I realized when you mentioned the playroom that you surely have some other fantasies I haven’t hit on yet, and I’d really like to know what they might be.”

His voice is soft and his hands are loving, but his downward cast eyes and all his talk of future plans are making me squirm.

“What’s my assignment exactly?”

“I want you to pick three things you’re still curious about that we haven’t tried yet.”

“What do you mean by curious?”

Edward smiles down at me and drags his index finger down the side of my cheek. “You’re so suspicious today. Curious—you know, inquisitive, eager, wet-your-panties excited, maybe just a wee bit scared…?”

“With all due respect, am I not handing you the noose to slip around my neck?”

“Isabella, with even more respect, do you think I really need you to fashion the rope for me?”

“So this doesn’t mean you’re going to turn around and do these things?”

The hair twirling stops and Edward holds my head very still. “You do realize that the inventory of your kink factory belongs to me now, don’t you?”

A chill overtakes my bones.

“Take your time, sweetheart. I don’t want you to rush this with random thoughts off the top of your head. I want you to think back to before we met. What fantasies were getting you all hot and bothered? What was that fictitious master doing to give you that jolt in the pussy? I’m sure you can come up with just three we have yet to explore.”

At least that many are now swimming through my head. “Most likely.”

“Great.” He smiles and clicks the volume back on.

His fingers are still pulling through my hair but I’m no longer relaxed; my body is vibrating right off the couch as a delicious merry-go-round of kink spins before me. I close my eyes and try to focus.

My brain is flooded with all the things we have already done—feathers, cuffing, crawling, crop, tickling, domestic service, paddling, spanking, forced orgasm, public, anal, pet play, rimming, role play…WHEW!

He’s right. We have done so much in such a short time. At the same time, our love for each other has grown both in and outside of our scenes. It’s not as if I’m wishing for something else when he’s controlling me, but were there things on my hit list we haven’t done yet? Sure.

“Okay, I’ll see you in a little bit,” I announce, pushing off his lap. I need to be by myself for a time and try to put my head in a pre-Edwardian space, if such a thing is even possible. As I make my way back to my desk, I’m reminded of my fifth grade science teacher attempting to drive home the difference between a mixture and a compound.

A mixture consists of two or more different elements and/or compounds physically intermingled, can be separated into its components by physical means, and often retains many of the properties of its components. The classic example given was always salt and pepper; though I could never see sitting down to separate the two, I was assured it could be done. Have Edward and I progressed beyond this phase? Is it possible to separate our individual components and retain the original properties we once possessed? Could I ever go back to being the repressed woman who hid that essential part of myself from everyone—especially myself? Could Edward be the man he once was before knowing me? Ante-Bella, as it were?

Or have we progressed such that we are now a compound? Two or more different elements bound together, can be broken down into a simpler type of matter by chemical but not by physical means, has properties that are different from its component elements, and blah, blah, blah, something about ratios. Is the sum of our parts different from the whole, and in fact, have our individual parts ceased to exist? If so, it may be difficult to crawl back into that mindset of Before Edward Bella.


HE
“Okay, I will admit to feeling just a wee bit bloated.”

“Because that sandwich was insane,” Isabella laughs.

“Which way to the bathing suits, Ri?”

“Follow the bouncing ass.” Riley’s comment is accompanied by a loud thwack of his hand on Sean’s butt. Poor Sean grunts and heads in the direction Riley is forcing him.

I grab Isabella’s hand and lean in to mutter, “This should be interesting.”

“Here we are,” Riley announces, opening his arms to encompass the entire section.

“Where does one begin?” Isabella asks, clearly overwhelmed.

Riley points to a rack in the corner. “I vote for Speedos.” He starts propelling Sean that direction and I plant my feet firmly in the carpeting and hold my girlfriend back.

“He’s kidding.”

“Are you sure?” she asks.

“I’m sure he’s hoping for a glimpse of this in a Speedo, but I guarantee he knows that’s not happening in this lifetime.” Her eyes drift down to my zipper and she cracks a smile.

“So where do you want to go?”

“Over to the normal people swim trunks.”

“Lead on, McDuff.”

I turn to my left and find a colorful rounder. “Here, I’m a medium. Find something you like,” I instruct Isabella. She starts thumbing through, screeching hangers along the metal rod and holding up a few suits for my approval.

“Hey, Cullen! What are you doing?”

“Ri, I am not stuffing myself into a banana hammock for your viewing pleasure,” I yell back. Isabella giggles and looks around the sparsely-populated department. She knows I’m nearly impossible to embarrass.

All of a sudden, we hear the determined swish of the two of them, forcing aside racks of swimwear like two bushmen clearing the jungle growth with scythes. Riley’s expression is comical when he finally surfaces. “What the hell does she think she’s doing?”

“Finding a pair of swim trunks in my size.” I regard Isabella as she throws another hanger over her left arm.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Riley bellows, rushing to her side. “Those are all wrong. He can’t wear green!”

“Why not?” she questions.

“I mean, he can wear green, of course he can wear green, just not olive drab. It clashes with the yellow tones of his skin. And when he starts to tan, this is gonna read puce. It’s just…ugh, no!”

Riley shoves the rejected suit to the side. I stand back and fold my arms; Sean sends a supportive shrug my direction. Isabella stands by patiently while Riley rifles through every suit in her arms, reject, reject, reject, and then finally, he finds one he likes.

“Yes. This one’ll do.” I open my arms just in time to catch the thing before it hits me in the face. “You. Dressing room. Now.”

“With one suit? Can’t I wait—”

“I will bring you more when I find something that meets my standards,” he says.

Isabella steps between us and addresses Riley. “I will bring him more when you find another suit we both agree on.”

I have to bite the inside of my cheek when Riley looks over at me in astonishment. He hasn’t quite figured out how the boyfriend/girlfriend piece of us coexists with Master and sub, so he’s waiting for me to chastise her or something. I lift one shoulder and he rolls his eyes at both of us. “Fine…here…this, this, and that. Off with your sorry ass while I take care of my boy. C’mon, Sean. We’re going back to the Speedos.”

“Buh-bye,” I call after them.

Isabella chuckles. “You want to get started and I’ll keep looking?”

“Sure. Just don’t make me wait too long all undressed in there. I kind of hate it.”

“Aww, don’t worry. I’ll take good care of you, baby.”

True to her word, she’s back before I’ve finished trying on the three suits. She pops into the room and pulls the curtain shut behind her. “Mmm, that looks nice. You like that one?”

“I don’t really care. It’s fine. If you like it, I like it.”

She steps up behind me in the mirror and runs her hands down my chest, over my belly, which is still feeling a little full, and into the waistband of the trunks. “You’re gonna want to make sure there’s growing room in there.” My eyelids flick closed and I rock back onto my heels as her palm skims over my shaft.

“Don’t go starting something you can’t finish, baby.”

“I’m definitely gonna finish. What’s the expiration date on this?” She pumps me several times and I bite down my groan.

“I have a feeling it will stay fresh for a few hours at this rate.”

“Mmm, good. Because I’m almost done with my journal entry and when we get home, I’m going to be more than ready for you.”

“You’re not playing fair, baby.”


“Neither will Master once he reads my entry.”

46 comments:

  1. I really want to read what Bella wrote! I loved how she showed Riley who is the most important fashion icon in Edward's life! Thanks for updating on Friday as I just got off of work here on the west coast. And I wanted to ask again if you would consider publishing this-because if "The Submissive" can be published I KNOW KEA could! Love this too much to let them go-EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jill. No, KEA will never be published. I give Tara Sue loads of credit. She wrote a fantastic trilogy and I hope she'll do well with it out in the "real world."

      I think Master will enjoy reading Isabella's latest entry! *wink* Thanks so much for your continued interest in this story! It means so much.
      x
      boh

      Delete
  2. oh wow, she is teasing him with that entry
    and i bet master is going to be beside himself when he reads it
    love the banter between these two
    i love how they are finding that balance between master and sub and boyfriend and girlfriend
    riley and bella are too funny
    banana hammock, reminds me of an OS i read 'purple banana hammock' oh so good

    hmm, shall we reflect with bella? i think so
    *fans self* so hot

    keep it cumming ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you want to share, Char? Looks like you wanted to share!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I just loved that conversation Edward had with Garrett. I went back and re-read the dinner date at Angela and Garrett's--I forgot what an asshat Garrett had been. And, once I re-read the entry, I have to say that Garrett's apology and attempt at reconcilliation was beyond lame. JC, Garret's lucky that Edward is being so accommodating, of course, it's is quite the statement to his vast consideration and caring for Isabella. How generous of him to attempt another shared dinner with Garrett for Isabella's sake. Yeah, it would be sad that Isabella and Angela would be relegated to meeting for lunches or an occasional girl's night out. However, I doubt very highly that Garrett will be able to ever completely convince Edward that he is anything beyond a boorish, condescending lout. I definitely do not see the two of them being friends, and I personally suspect that Garrett's disdain for Edward is far more complex than simply being viewed as that of Jasper's BFF. Well, if they can occasionally tolerate each other for the sake of their better half's, then that is all one can ask for.

    I was delighted with the conversation in BG men's swimsuit department. I so happy that Isabella was able to subtlely convey to Riley, that although she is Edwar's submissive, she is also his girlfriend. Yep, Riley and Edward are friends, but now Isabella also plays an important role in Edward's life, and possibly the assistance of clothing shopping is something Isabella is capable of handling with Edward without Riley's guidance. I guess it's difficult when two people embark on a new relationship to define and refine the roles of all participants--not only that of the two main participants, but also how the friends roles need to change and be redifined. Everyone's (friends, family, associates) role in the participants life often need to be re-established to fit their new appropriation in the relationship. Riley has Sean, he needs to worry more about that and less about Edward. Isabella will do a fine job of taking care of Edward.

    You know Born, I really liked enjoyed Isabella's chemistry analogy. Edward and Isabella's relationship is melding in such a way that she can is finding it diffucult to remember herself pre-Edward, and her questioning whether Edward retains much of himself pre-Isabella. I really like that sum of two parts being a whole and could the two parts separately be the same as they were before they join? I really enjoyed that section of the chapter. Make's one realize that after joining with another, the person you were separately is not and possibly could not be the same ever again, since joing together makes a better two. I know what I wish to say, but I cannot seem to express it verbally.

    As always, it was a welcome Saturday morning read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you expressed it beautifully, as always. And thank you for your beautiful insights on their shopping trip. You put a framework around the scene and quite accurately explained the intricate workings of how a relationship affects the person's entire universe.

      I'm sure you are quite right about Garrett. Edward would never give that guy the time of day if not for Isabella, but the question is, can Garrett make himself tolerable? Let's see!

      Thanks as always for your insights and your sweet words.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Love it...and Riley needs to take a step back and let Bella take care of her man...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Love Riley scoffing at some of Bella's suit choices for Edward, talking about his skin-tone before and after tanning. That made me laugh. I also cringed through the Garrett phone call, just as Garrett must've been. Edward just really gave him nothing and he just had to bumble through. That meal is going to be very interesting!

    Bella teasing Edward in the dressing room - win!

    You're containing BI? I am totally on board. That o/s was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You knew SOMETHING was gonna happen in that dressing room, no?
      x

      Delete
  6. Once again I got all giddy and excited when I saw there was an update to this. You have never failed to engage me fully when I'm reading what the Kink Factory has come up with B. Thank so you much for being so great with the writing. While I've admitted many times to not being a closet submissive, I really love the boyfriend/girlfriend aspects of this story. You've created a romance that has grown into a deep love between the two main characters, while creating equally believable secondary characters. Thank you so much for a much need diversion in the new season of hecticness. Now I'm looking forward to the pay off from the build up of this chapter that's laying the ground work for a real live dungeon with Master Marcus in control. Gives on the shivers! *Bows to The Mistress*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed the chapter, though your conclusion may be a wee bit off track! xx Thanks for all your support, Dinia.

      Delete
  7. Hmmm. Love the Garret exchange. Very punchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling, the only reason Garrett apologized, if you can call it that, is to get back in Angela's good graces/bed! Just gotta love what Edward told him!

    I understand that Riley was Edward's friend before Bella came on the scene, but he has to realize now that Bella has more say in what he wears now that they are in a committed relationship. Besides, he has his own boy toy to play dress up with.

    Can't wait to see what Bella will think when she actually gets to go in a playroom... Maybe Marcus will let Bella try it out with Edward!

    Excellent chapter my dear and I think I will mosey on over and check out this O/S of yours. The title alone sounds intriguing!

    CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much agree with you on the Garrett front. Now, let's not sell short Edward's ability to turn the guy around--he can charm a snake! We'll have to see how that scene plays out.

      LOL to Riley's own boy toy (Ken doll?). Some of my loyals suggested the scene and I thought it might be amusing to play it out.

      Well, Bella certainly is excited about visiting Marcus's playroom, now isn't she?
      xx

      Delete
  9. This chapter felt awkward to me, it didn't seem to flow as easily as most of your other chapters. Choppy, that's the word I was looking for.

    I'm glad that Edward didn't mince words with Garrett. Now let's see if he can actually behave.

    I love Riley, but bless his sweet, speedo lovin' heart, he's got to realize that there's a new sheriff in town, lol!

    Even though I agree with Bella's chemistry analogy, the thought process she used to get her to the conclusion was jut weird. Just seems kind of strange that a little bit of introspect would take a person back to an old chemistry class.

    I'd love for Edward to see Bella in Marcus' playroom and decide he wanted one for himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like your brain is more linear than mine on many levels today...

      Delete
  10. Edward definitely seemed to still be channeling Master during his chat with Garrett:)

    Only guys would suggest eating before swim suit shopping:) I love how confident Isabella is in her role as girlfriend. Riley seems like the type you need to be able to hold your own with- glad she's up for it:)

    I can't even express to you how excited I am for their painting class and visit with Marcus!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that bathing suit shopping trip! I think Bella may have acted differently a month ago, but with her new role as budding submissive and First Lady, I think she's feeling more than capable of letting Riley know that Edward is no longer his puppet to play with!

      Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  11. So, the phone call with Garrett, can we say "Dog House" buddy, that is where you were, huh. Edward, got to love that man for giving it to him straight. And then Bella walking in on him saying wacking it in a handtowel! LOL!

    Riley and Bella stand off part 1.. Bella-1 Riley-0, loved it!

    I just love that Bella and Edward are digging deeper into the fantasies and wants! Her thinking back to pre Edward and pre Bella had to be inticing, since her stories were where her fantasies where played out and her super kink came out! I cannot wait to read that journal entry! Hot Hot Hot! Just like the dressing room!
    And then the Marcus visit! Ughhh! She is going to be beyond turned on and a pile of goo! Just like me!
    Until next Saturday! I'll be waiting! Oh and I cannot wait for the addition to BI! I loved it then, and I cannot wait to see where they are now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so awesome, grnid. Thanks for your sweet insights here and all the love for the characters. xx

      Delete
  12. sooo that phone call with garrett= painful. lol. im a weirdo who hates talking on the phone in the first place, doesnt matter to whom, just dont like it. soo combine that with thinking about making an awkward apology phone call like garrett had to do and i want to hide my head under a pillow! edward handled it well (obviously), but he seemed like he was a bit Master-ish...gearing up to be in scene next time he sees garrett perhaps? still cant wait to see how that plays out between E and B...

    speaking of Masters and then Marcus comes up? too perfect. anything involving him gets me all excited and nervous in a good way. haha esp thinking of the more entertaining rooms in his home that Edward already knows his way around... *wink*

    B showing Riley whats up? Awesome. lol. love that silent convo between riley and edward where riley looked like he was waiting for Edward to tame his girl, so to speak... edward just shrugs in that "what can i do?" i'm-not-in-charge-right-now kinda way.. haha

    soo may lovely images in this chapter- awkward with garrett (though the line about him being lead around by the nose was super amusing), hot imagining marcus's house, and of course i love edward and rileys relationship... *sigh* i love it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I love you, Miss Digi. I agree about the awkward cringe factor of poor Garrett. It reminds me of those phone calls kids would have to make when they said something bad at school or hit a kid. You know the mother is standing over the kid on the other end of the line and all the poor thing wants to do is get it over with. Garrett still has some learning to do, and you're right to pick up on Edward shifting himself into Master tone with the dumb cluck. He does not suffer fools in any of his forms, but you just know Master is not gonna give him an inch! Seems Riley, too, still has something to learn about his bestie. Things do shift when people fall in love and are consumed by a new person...Riley will adapt, he always does. Plus, he loves the stuffing out of Sean! Thanks for your insights and your love.
      xxx

      Delete
  13. Ha, ha, I have to say I first thought that was Isabella not Riley talking to Edward. Too funny Edward trying to turn Riley off shopping for him and the fact he is going to check in with Bella.

    What a great conversation with Garrett. I love how Edward left him hanging, waiting for the apology, a little late and not so sincere. I'm so pleased he has offered him an Olive Branch for the sake of Bella and Angela and that he put him in his place and that it will not be extended again depending upon his behaviour. He's so Masterful, you could feel Garrett squirm.
    I am so curious how you're going to play this scene B. A public, yet private scene that the guest will be oblivious to it all...I am very intrigued.

    I loved this..."but your comfort means everything to me". I am curious what is going to happen at this first "proper" meeting with Marcus. Isabella will get her first look at where it all went down with Edward (assuming it is the same place). Her imagination is going wild and I love what Edward does with it, turning it around and incorporating it in her jnl entry. And what a statement..."you do realise that the inventory of your kink factory belongs to me now". I am entirely curious as to what her 3 will be. Also realising the fact that even though all of this is getting her extremely excited, deep down we really know she doesn't like pain, seems to respond to "humiliation" more (I know not quite the right word, but I hope you get what I mean Born).

    I liked the whole "couple compound" thinking. Based on their unquie relationship, their two invidual parts have definitely made a "greater" whole. I can't see either of them wanting to go back to "pre" the other.

    I liked how Bella stepped it up shopping with Edward, showing Riley that this is her place now. Hard case of the "waiting for Edward to Chastise". Every stage they prove how unique their relationship is.

    Love the Dressing Room Antics and I'm definitely looking forward to reading that jnl entry and what comes after.

    Thank you B. As always a great chapter for a fantastic story.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whiti, as always I love your insights and you're so kind to share them so freely here. MWAH!

      You chose exactly the right word, and you're right about the pain, though she's had some experiences now that may color her old desires. That's why reflecting and checking back in make so much sense. Master has chosen this very informal method of having princess do some thinking. Let's see how it all works out!

      Thanks for all you're anticipating. My favorite kind of reader-CURIOUS! Not to mention oh, so sweet.
      xxx

      Delete
    2. I like that, how her new experiences will have coloured her desires. Though it is good that he has only asked for three.
      I'm thinking how different she might answer her "Sub Check List" now compared to when she first did it.
      I guess she will have always have things she likes the best, but I am also thinking she likes to test herself putting her trust in Edward allowing him to derive from her as much as he can (whilst always keeping her "Top of Mind").
      xxx

      Delete
  14. I love that kink spills into their real life too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, LOVE the way Edward handled Garrett during the phone call. Fabulous. That he mainly just let Garrett flub his way through it all then hit him with the "Okay, here's the deal Garrett, etc..." That was perfect!

    Riley is a great character and the interaction between he and Bella in the Men's Department was very comical.

    Hmmmmm.....why am I ever so curious about that journal entry? LOL I have a sneaking suspicion that "Master" is going to love it and make her pay for the preliminary albeit brief fondling in the dressing room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you found the humor in Riley's reactions. It was actually an idea some of my readers put out there and I saw it all as pretty humorous in my head! Yeah, Edward does not suffer fools very well, and Garrett is a gigantic one. That should all be very interesting.
      xx

      Delete
  16. Gah speedos they should be banned, men have to wear them at public pools here in france and boy they shouldn't be allowed out of the shop let alone in public. sniggers. J-R-E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan. Though the Olympic ones were pretty awesome. :)

      Delete
  17. the best part about being behind in reading your updates is seeing how flipping observant and intelligent your readers replys are. You have a great group of people Born! Loved the convo with Garrett, although I feel a little for him though, he was just trying to defend his buddy. Wrong way but the thought was there. Riley and Bella are going to have to work together and he is going to have to give up his control over Edwards wardrobe, although I imagine he will still give her many helpful hints! Speedos should only be worn by chubby little baby boys and Olympic athletes! Should be a rule (Live close to the beach so I have seen my share of 80 yr old hairy men in speedos...*shivers*, also the wife of old man in speedo wearing a thong, good for them both being that comfortable, but still my poor eyes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poor eyes indeed! I am NOT a fan of the speedo, except in those two exceptions you note! I DO have the best readers...love them all.

      Delete
  18. I'm a bit late again but I loved this chapter. It was nice to see a bit of their normal life and to realize how well adjusted they are as a couple.

    The talk with Garrett went well. I'm glad Edward got his point across, especially after that half-assed apology he got at first. He's right about their need to coexist for Bella and Angela's sake and I hope their dinner goes well.

    Plans are made for visiting Marcus. I am not excited about that at all. No, not me. Not one bit...

    While I'm lying through my teeth, I might as well state that I'm not dying to read Bella's next journal entry.

    Loved the shopping. Riley is a riot. He reminds me of my cousin Kevin who works in cosmetics at BG. Thank God the Speedo was a no go because no one wants to see that unless it's on an Olympic swimmer.

    Loved it. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cosmetics! Why didn't I have them shop in that department? DANG IT!
      Glad you're caught up, Jayme. Always great to see your fun comments in here.

      Ah Marcus. :)

      Thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  19. LOL! banana hammock or as we call it 'budgie smuggler' is something edward could carry off, but I agree, just no. lol. and edward asking bella her fantasies...oooh love it! thought for a moment she was going to tell him that dressing room sex was one of them. ;) loved this update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dressing room sex? Meh, that's for amateurs!
      ;)
      (like me, already did that in Comp Sem!)
      xx

      Delete
  20. Aah, I have been working to hard, too many hours, and I am falling behind in my reading. Loving how their relationship is going, and how confused Riley is about their various roles and interactions. Good for him to have something new to consider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always shifting, their dynamic, but there's so much love between the besties. Love Riley...and poor Sean caught in the middle!
      xx

      Delete
  21. In any situation Edward never really looses control. The phone conversation with Garrett, Edward was patiently waiting for his apology and still wanted to keep the peace. Speedos...,ewww! Not a fan. Two things I cannot wait for: Bella's fantasies and Marcus. Something about that man...I cannot wait for dungeon play!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Blech, Garrett.. I´m still waiting for Ben to show up :o)
    Also, I was hoping for a little dressing room action... please??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's give Garrett a chance.
      ANd I don't know about the fitting room. I'll think about it.
      Oh wait, it's already written!
      xx

      Delete
  23. Can't wait to read her latest journal entry. I love how possessive Riley gets with Edward. That was a hilarious exchange between Riley and Bella over the swim trunks. I, for one, would LOVE to see Edward in a pair of Speedos. Are Riley and Sean in a BDSM relationship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EDWARD IN A SPEEDO? NOOOOOOOOOO! Hmm, excellent question about R and S. More on them in the sequel!
      x

      Delete