Friday, August 24, 2012

75 ANTICIPATION

~Chapter 75~
ANTICIPATION

HE
One more night apart and then she’s all mine again for the foreseeable future. We should really take another trip together, maybe somewhere warm and sunny this time, somewhere with a gigantic bath tub in the room. I wonder how hard it would be to get her away from the rat race and truly unplug. Just a cozy double date: Edward and Isabella, Master and princess. Yes, I think that’s just the ticket.

The elevator doors open on the 37th floor and I stop dead in my tracks. Jasper’s playing kissy-face with Alice, bent over her desk, one hand in his pocket, his nose to hers, Alice’s tiny but firm fingers gripping his hair.

Well good for you, Whitlock, I allow. Hell, the happier he is with her, the less time he’ll spend pining for my girl.

I pivot and head for the conference room, where I plan to preach a new topic for today’s seminar—Safety First. After Isabella’s SOS yesterday, I realized all the software training in the world won’t help if our execs can’t retrieve their files.

Westerly saunters in first, taking his regular seat near the head of the table, but saving the seat of honor for his boss, the CEO. “Good stuff, Edward, good stuff.”

“Thank you, Wes. Glad you got something out of yesterday’s session.”

He grins at my use of his nickname. I think I just took thirty years off by the looks of his smile. “I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks, after all.”

“Gotta keep the old cogs moving up there,” I volley back, easy banter while I set up today’s presentation.

My attention is redirected as Bailey sweeps into the room, a good-ol’-boy arm around Jasper’s shoulders.

“She did great. They’re just waiting for the numbers to come in,” Bailey boasts, and my ears prick up.

Jasper startles, the look of a man who’s just been given credit for a group gift he didn’t realize his name was on. His eyes click to mine and he reddens.

“Hey, uh, that’s great, Tom. They really nailed the walk-through last week, so I’m not surprised Harper was impressed,” Jasper answers without clearing up the misunderstanding.

Bailey’s eyes widen as he notices me and he leaves Jasper abruptly to race to my side, hand extended. “Cullen,” he says warmly, pumping my hand enthusiastically and cupping my elbow with the other. “Where’d you park that white stallion of yours?”

I look away from the balding elder executive and catch Jasper watching us with a dozen questions dancing across his face. Returning my attention to Bailey, I answer, “Oh, he’s outside having some hay and getting ready to sync with his Dropbox account.”

Bailey guffaws and answers, “Well you let me know when he does, son. I will personally go out there with a shovel and pick it up myself!”

“So you guys really do shovel the shit all day up here?”

“Ha! Well played, Cullen.” He slaps me on the back and repeats, “Well played!”

Then, pulling me in closer, he says, “Seriously, son, we owe you big on this. Are you a Scotch drinker?”

Never touch the stuff, but I know better than to deprive the man of his gesture. If it’s smooth enough, I can always give it to Dad for his birthday. “I’ve been known to have a nip or two,” I grin collegially.

He smiles anew and winks. “Excellent. And thank you again.”

“All in a day’s work, Tom.”

Bailey shakes his index finger and continues to give me that You’re-More-Than-I-Expected nod. When he leaves to take his seat, Jasper can no longer contain his curiosity. He pulls up next to me as quickly as a man can without attracting attention.

“What was all that?” he mutters, leaning in so only I can hear.

I wave my hand through the air between us. “Small IT emergency. It’s handled.”

“Apparently,” he answers, equal parts gratitude and chagrin.

Again, Jasper inspires a protective reflex in me. “Nothing I wouldn’t have done for her six months ago, Jasper.”

He huffs and crosses his arms. “Glad you didn’t have the chance.”

There’s nothing to say now that we’re treading on quicksand. I acknowledge his comment with a current-squeeze-to-ex nod and turn back to my preparations. Just as I’m ready to call the session to order, in walks the Chief, a huge grin on his face.

she
The boys on 37 are dancing a jig today! So proud!

Edward’s message is the best possible wake-up text.

It’s not over till Turandot sings!

I know he can’t volley back right now, but at least he’ll know I got his note. The time difference affords me two solid hours alone with my new laptop before our meeting, and I’m delighted that two of my favorites have commented on my post already.

[Comment on your Journal] Entry 7: BLIND
Damn princess,
I was listening, I swear I was.  Proud of you for the trust.  Sure that the panic will eventually fade away.  But um...you want to share with the rest of the class what you did for your Master?  Because the not knowing is making me tingle and flush and...OH!  I bet this is kinda how you feel, being blindfolded with your Master.

Nicely done, kitkat

KK-I hope you’re right about the panic, but I’m guessing at least the ‘tingle and flush’ will stick around. Of course, Master hardly needs to blindfold me to provoke THAT response! Not sharing, but suffice it to say that I’d wish I’d had that blindfold the next morning! *more blushing* Thx for the encouragement, as ever! ~yp

And from my seasoned submissive friend, I have this:

Oh yp...'Sink into it' is exactly what you need to do. Being blindfolded is a little off-setting at first, but it gets easier. It def makes it easier to do those things that make you blush...lol.
I'll make a suggestion that you can do with as you please, but first confer with Master. Walk around your house and get the feel for EVERYTHING around you. It makes it easier to walk around blindfolded if you know for a fact where EVERYTHING is. I did it and felt extremely better the next few times I was blindfolded.
But the most important factor as always is TRUST IN MASTER. He will not lead you astray, it’s not in His makeup to do that to you.
Always, His kitten
 kitten- Love your suggestion and I will pass it along to Master. (Well, he’s most likely already read it himself as he’s been up already for three hours!) I’m sure it would help to have a better sense of where walls and furniture are located.
Your words are comforting, and of course, I realize Master would never lead me astray. But perhaps I haven’t mentioned that my Master can occasionally be a bit of a trickster? He does keep me on my toes…when I’m not on my knees, that is. Thanks for being here for me, my subbie sister. xx ~yp

After our lengthy discussion last night, it occurred to me that Master had so much more in mind by blindfolding me than the purpose I thought I comprehended at the time. By drawing me into darkness while standing comfortingly at my side, he actually devised a way to bridge the miles now dividing us. Trust and intimacy are not diminished by physical distance, and as he taught most dramatically, Master is every bit emotionally present whether locked around me in a physical embrace or reduced to the blink of a cursor on my screen, just as my darling boyfriend—and the word seems more inadequate with every passing day—is only a text or phone call or Skype away. Though as the day wears on, I feel his distance more than his presence.

HE
Punching out and heading to Smilers for high-sodium processed chicken and nutrient-free canned corn niblets.

Trying to make me feel guilty?

No babe. Just want you to know how much you’ve taught me.

You’ve learned it’s awful for you but you’re still eating it. Does that count as teaching?

Mmhmm. Sometimes the dangerous stuff’s the most fun!

Don’t I know it, Mr. Danger!

You flatter me, Isabella.

It feels great to stretch my legs in the wintery dusk, especially since Isabella is keeping me company with her entertaining texts.

“Edward, where ya been man? Long time no see.”

“Abdul, how are you?”

Talk later- preservatives await.

Enjoy 

I tuck Isabella into my coat pocket for the time being. “Good man, good. The usual?”

“Sure.” Abdul grabs the divided styrofoam plate and reaches for my half-chicken. I feel a sharp pang of guilt as he scoops up a metal spoonful of corn.

“Hang on. I don’t want that tonight. I’ll have…” Shit, not creamed spinach, not butternut squash…“Hit me with the fruit salad.”

“Say what now?” Abdul asks, squinting with disbelief and holding the corn aloft, like an F-16 fighter pilot awaiting the presidential launch codes.

“You know that corn has almost no nutritional value whatsoever?”

Poor Abdul looks like I just took away his shiny new wagon. “Since when do you care?” he responds.

I shrug and after measuring my expression for another long moment, he drops the corn back into the chafing dish with a loud clang of rejection.

As he reaches for the fruit salad spoon, I blurt, “I have a girlfriend.”

This is by far the longest conversation the two of us have ever had. I have no idea why I spilled the beans over side dish selections, but it feels oddly satisfying to have told him.

Abdul grins and says, “Another one bites the dust.”

she
“I think I’m too tired to brush my teeth,” I admit sleepily.

Edward chuckles, and I’m amazed that after only two days apart, my mental picture is starting to get a tiny bit fuzzy around the edges. “Screw it,” he coaches. “Scrub extra hard in the morning.”

“Gross,” I giggle. “Besides, all the lights are on and I’m still dressed.”

He pauses and then his voice takes on a wistful quality. “I sure wish I could help you with that.”

“So do I,” I answer truthfully, then tease, “The light switches are like a mile away."

"Ho ho ho."

"So how was your corn tonight?”

A rush of air. “I didn’t get it.”

I bolt upright against the headboard and cradle the phone with both hands, wishing strenuously it could be his flesh instead of the cold metal substitute. “Oh no?” I attempt nonchalance, but this is as big as his telling me he wasn’t hungry on Sunday. There’s a direct line between Edward’s heart and his stomach; if one end of the line is off, the other suffers.

“Nah,” he answers, and I can almost picture him scratching his head. “I heard this little voice in my head and I went for the fruit instead.”

“Fruit?” Okay, maybe this wouldn’t be newsworthy for ninety percent of men, but for Edward? This is prime time headline material. “Hang on, are you referring to those over-processed apple imposters floating in a vat of cinnamon syrup?”

“No, sweetheart. Real live cut up fruit. Melon, grapes, pineapple, a veritable orchard!”

He is so damn proud of himself. “Wow. That is impressive.”

“Oh shit. You’re gonna tell me something bad about grapes now, aren’t you?” Poor guy.

And now I can’t contain my giggles. “Not at all. Your little voice didn’t steer you wrong.”

And that little voice would be mine, I squee internally in my lonely hotel room. Is it ridiculous that I’m thrilled my boyfriend has obeyed me for a change? Let’s face it; our relationship is far from equal. Master’s dominance goes without saying, and despite our relative positions, it is clear that IT guy holds the upper hand in our Swan life, as evidenced again in yesterday’s impressive save. But Edward the boyfriend/lover/roommate? How does that particular seesaw sway?

I don’t know how he manages it, but Edward somehow oozes humility and an openness to trying new things. He’s not afraid of looking silly, and evidently, he’s not afraid to let go of old ideas and improve himself. It surprises me that I find this side of him possibly as exciting as his skillful and thorough domination.

I’ve sunk deep into my daydream, so he startles me a bit when he says, “It hasn’t yet. I know a wise voice when I hear it, Isabella.”

I savor his sweet praise for a few long moments, then ask expectantly, “And what do you have planned for yourself for the rest of the night?”

“I’m treating myself to a Dexter marathon.”

“Mmm, sounds cheery.”

“Isn’t it though? He would make a fantastic dom, you know? Controlling, organized, skilled in the use of his instruments…”

“But he’s a cold-blooded killer!” I protest.

“Oh sure, if you want to get technical about it.”

“So, you gonna stay up all night?”

“Nah, I think I can handle two and then I’m gonna turn in.”

“You sound exhausted, Edward.”

Long pause. “I miss you.”

I hunker down into the pillow and sigh, closing my eyes. “Right back at ya, big guy.”

“Hey, um…” he struggles a bit. “Do you think this is normal?”

“What? Missing each other after only two days apart?”

“I’d say ‘missing each other’ is a gross understatement. I’m rattling around this place I’ve called home for the better part of eight years, and …hell. After three weeks of having you here, all I see is what’s missing. Your handbag on the little table by the door, your shoes kicked under the coffee table, your toothbrush next to the sink.”

“Sounds like your roommate’s a total slob!” I’m teetering on that fine line between laughter and tears.

“It’s awful, actually. But you know the worst part?”

In my mind, I cradle his beautiful head in my arms. “No, baby. Tell me.”

“I’m missing your icicle feet on my shins in the middle of the night.”

“Wow.”

“I know. Whipped City, right?”

“You do seem to exhibit all the symptoms.”

“Jesus. They’re gonna take away my D-card.”

“You poor bastard.”

“Pathetic.”

“Hey wait a second. If they take away your D-card, I’m kind of screwed, too.”

“Mmhmm.”

“How are we gonna solve this little problem?”

“I don’t know,” he says forlornly. “Maybe if you miss me, too?”

“Oh, Edward. I miss you so much it’s not even funny.”

“Really?” He perks up. “Tell me.”

“Okay, at lunch today, one of my co-workers ordered sweet potato fries and it made my heart flip over.”

“Aww.”

His brightening voice is all the motivation I need. “On the way back, we passed a stationery store and there was a feather pen in the window. I swooned a little bit.”

“I can imagine.”

“And then, back at the client, I logged into our dropbox account, and…well. I don’t need to tell you what that did to me.”

“Nothing sexier than dropbox.”

“Nothing sexier than you, Edward.”

“Mm. Have I mentioned how much I miss you?”

“Edward.”

“Yeah?” Sigh.

“I love you.”

Another sigh. “I love you, too, sweetheart.”

HE
Another morning waking up alone, and this time, my body is tense with unrelieved yearning.

“Easy there, fella,” I pacify my stiff cock with a casual pass of my palm. “Isabella’s coming back today and Master has plans for our girl.”

Ruminating about our reunion scene does the opposite of relieving the ache. “I know, big guy. Hang in there.” I chuckle at my own discomfort as if this disappointed cock in my hand were someone else’s, and I step into the shower. If I took a short “bye” in my hygiene while she was away, I make up for it now, even sprinkling generously with Bálla Powder to last the busy work day.

Master’s not the only one who’s been making plans. The big difference, though, is that Master simply dictates; Edward, on the other hand, will be presenting an itinerary for his girlfriend’s approval. If the dates I’ve checked with Jessica do indeed work comfortably for Isabella, I’ll tell her as little as I can about the destination. Equal or not, I still love to surprise my girl!

I miss the friendly banter with Domenic, but love the way the crisp January air fills my lungs. I make a mental note to ask Isabella about walking to work in the future; I know her shoes aren’t quite as comfortable as mine and I think I might cry if she takes to wearing sneakers with her corporate attire, but I do love starting my day this way and of course, anything I enjoy alone is double the pleasure with my girl.

It’s back to the grind today, and I see that Emmett has been piling his toughest cases on my desk while I’ve been upstairs with “The Walking Dead,” as he deems them. The description is so incongruous with the men I’ve come to appreciate over the last couple weeks, especially Charlie. If they’d appeared to be languishing, it’s only because nobody was around to nurture their participation in the Information Age. Under my tutelage, they seem to have shed a century among them, their steps bouncier and their minds sharper even in the short week we’ve worked together. Jasper started out ahead of the curve, but technology is the great equalizer, and one of the things I love most about our seminar format is that everyone can be the expert at some point. For a bunch of guys who’ve been kicking around these halls for so many years together, this is a way to see themselves and each other in new relationship. I honestly look forward to our workshops next week, and I can guarantee they all feel the same.

In the meantime, my regular load will hopefully keep me busy enough today that I won’t dwell on how badly I need my girl back at my side. After hashing out her last submissive journal entry, I feel Isabella now fully understands that her neediness is not only my pleasure, but it’s entirely my goal. Her guilt is not only unnecessary, it’s counterproductive. My own need, however, is a strange force I’m not entirely comfortable with as of yet.

I’m confident today’s work load will keep me from becoming sidetracked by the writing tasks I’ve given Isabella for the plane ride home. With Warwick locked in, her brain cells are all mine, as far as I’m concerned. And Master has taken advantage of that fact by assigning her not only her regular post-scene journal entry, but a creative writing project to boot.

she
Riding the wave of my professional high, I slip into the restroom in the Warwick reception area and unzip the inner pouch of my handbag. Talk about delayed gratification, it’s been twelve hours since Master’s instructions last night, eight of which were spent in that dreamy pre-writing fantasy state, where the Dark Prince enslaved my subconscious and acted out his kinky plot lines before my closed eyelids. Master’s command to refrain from touching myself would not have been a problem before his writing assignment; the heaviness in Edward’s voice alone was enough to poison my libido. But that devilish Master of mine surely knew what he would stir, forcing me to write just for him.

Thus, while the taxi to the airport is filled with boastful chatter, I lovingly fondle Master’s bracelet while my faraway mind churns with imagery and prose. Other body parts churn as well, empathic desire on behalf of my princess, who is about to have her roughest go yet with the Dark Prince; but more prominently, my own sweet longing for my Master and boyfriend, who during our physical separation has morphed nearly into one perfect creature in my mind.

~ / ~


CHAT/Journal Entry Eight
January 19, 2012

Master's assignment: How did it feel to play in the chat room?

Oh dear sweet Master,

*SIGH* ( See my chat speak?) Down you’ve drawn me, into another erotic rabbit hole. Of course I loved it and in the very next breath, I fear that I loved it.

I feel hypocritical, my life now consists of so many contradictions. I guess on some level, I always felt that “coming out” and becoming a true submissive would eradicate the conflicting emotions. Perhaps it’s a process, and I’m simply not there yet; but more likely, I’m guessing I’ll always have this “good girl” element who will pin me to my stark sense of right and wrong like a puppy on a retractable leash. I know how he feels to reach the end of that tether at a full-out run!

I have to admit, I loved the idea of being touched and *BLUSH* even being SPANKED by other men (especially knowing that he was a dom *SHIVERS*), although I can never see myself wanting ANYTHING like that in real life. What is WITH my online embodiment? She/I couldn’t get it rough enough! I shudder to think about delegating my checklist to that hussy! Is this what you’re hoping to show me by drawing me into online play—that I can find a comfort level in the anonymity and free my inner submissive? Not that I expect you to reveal yourself, Master. In fact, I can almost see you grinning and answering me that it’s all about you—that having me serving you with an envious audience is even more satisfying. If that’s the case, Master, I’d respectfully argue that more people in that room were envious of my position than yours!

So why is it that the relatively tame open-mouthed kiss really freaked me out in a Pretty Woman kind of way? Perhaps it was an intimacy issue for me—even though the touching and watching and taunting got me worked up, there’s a large piece of me that only works with you. (And I wouldn’t want it any other way!) Thank you for swooping in and protecting me as soon as I let you know I was uncomfortable; you found the perfect way to make me feel safe again. Master, I could sit at your knees with my head in your lap until the end of time and never miss a thing. I have never felt so honored to be yours.

Following you eagerly, Master, wherever you choose to lead-
~your princess

HE
Emmett and Rosalie make a quiet but impressive entrance. In the interest of romance in general, and probably because I’m feeling all sappy missing my own girl, I glance up from my desk and take in their roving make-out session. They are lost to the world, all lips and tongues and deep nose-breathing. They don’t bump into a single piece of cubicle, which leads me to believe they’ve been practicing this particular move. Rosalie senses my presence first, one eye squinting open at the unwelcome intruder. To her credit, she breaks off the kiss gently, disengaging with an unhurried significant look deep into Emmett’s eyes that gives me hope for the two of them.

Emmett catches my eye as the two pull apart. He’s neither embarrassed nor boastful, and it makes me remember why I used to like being with him before our careful equilibrium was tipped with the arrival of the new boss. Clearly, there’s a new détente among the three of us, a symbiosis in our ecosystem.

“Morning, Edward,” Rosalie says, unknotting the scarf at her neck and pulling off her hat.

“Morning. Emmett.” I nod to each of them.

“I need to talk to you both. Let me just get unwrapped. Be right back.”

Emmett pulls off his own winter accessories while following Rosalie’s back into her office with his eyes. I chuckle softly as he continues to track her movements on the other side of the glass divider. He turns to me and says, “It’s fun down here when you’re upstairs.”

“Oh geez. Are you two getting your kink on right here in the open?” I ask.

Emmett shrugs, which I interpret to mean, hell yes.

“Hey, man. Sorry to spoil your fun. Believe me, I’d way rather be upstairs every day.”

“Oh I bet you would, lover boy,” Emmett replies with a comical wink.

“Hmm, yes, let’s see what we can do about that,” Rosalie interjects, entering the space between us.

And now my interest is piqued. “What can we do about that?” Let’s not beat around the bush, shall we?

Rosalie settles her ass on the edge of a spare workspace. She crosses her arms and smiles. “You are a runaway hit with the boys upstairs, Edward.”

“You make me sound like a blockbuster movie.”

She chuckles. “So do they. They’re asking for four days a week. And not just with them. They feel, and I quote, ‘every employee of Swan deserves the Edward Cullen touch.’”

“Jesus,” I marvel.

“Pffffffffffft,” Emmett erupts with raucous laughter.

“Rosalie, how am I gonna do four days of training when I come back to this—” I indicate the pile on my desk, “after only  two?”

Now Emmett’s a bit sheepish, realizing he’s the limiting factor. Rosalie shoots him a sympathetic look, then turns right back to me. “Look, Edward. What’s good for the boys upstairs is good for the whole company. How hard would it be for you to train Emmett to handle these?”

Emmett immediately whines, “But Rosie, how’m I gonna do twice the work?”

She holds out her hand to halt him. “I’ve been authorized to hire another technician. Someone at an entry level to do your scut work, Em.” She smiles charmingly at Emmett and he melts.

“So let me get this straight,” I reply. “I teach Emmett how to cover the tougher trouble calls and I get to spend more time on my training program?”

She holds her arms open, palms up. “That’s the plan.”

I look over at an eager Emmett, a guy who finally sees his chance to move up the ladder, to have an underling of his very own. “Let’s get to it, Emmett. I have an appointment at 5:30 and I cannot be late.”

Rosalie nods at the two of us and escapes to her office. “You really think you can teach me this stuff in one day?”

“Now that you’re motivated to learn? Absolutely.”

“Enlighten me.”

Emmett is an enthusiastic and quick study, and before the clock strikes four, I take a break to send my submissive a message. Mushball Edward may have been out of his element during his girlfriend’s absence, but Master knows how to welcome his sweet subbie home. My princess will know she’s in for a full dose of Master the moment she turns on her cell phone on the runway. If all goes well, her panties will be soaked before the jetway is secured to the airplane door.

she
“Welcome to the Big Apple. Local time is approximately…4:15, and folks, that brings us to JFK right on schedule! We hope you enjoyed…”

The Manhattan skyline always brings a rush of familiarity, but never before have I felt such an overwhelming sense of coming home. Somewhere, in the subterranean level of those mid-town skyscrapers, my whole world awaits. I have no care about anything but the one man who has invaded my every wakeful and subconscious thought, fully captured my heart, and taken complete ownership of every erogenous zone, including several I did not previously know existed. I have one burning thought the moment those wheels touch down.

Must…Get…Phone.

Cursing myself for being such a goody-goody and following directions to a tee, I reach acrobatically with my toes, flexing and tensing every muscle in both legs, until I feel the give of soft leather lodged deep beneath the seat in front of me. Ignoring the stares of my seat partner as I twist and grimace, I finally secure the damn thing between my thumb toes and drag it toward me. I explore the dark recesses of my purse with my impatient fingers and will myself to calm the hell down before I have a stroke. With an audible sigh of relief, I lay my fingers on the gel cover and retract the phone and my ridiculously shaking hands, tossing the handbag to the floor and shoving it back under the seat, lest I attract the flight attendant’s unwanted attention. My heart races as my phone cycles through its boot-up routine, and I nearly jab my fingernail right through the screen when it asks if I want to switch to Eastern Standard Time.

“Yes, dammit,” I hiss under my breath.

My mouth is dry as I watch the inbox populate with messages. I make it my mission to scroll through faster than the tiny number can measure them, until finally, somewhere around message twenty-six, I see the blessed text conversation bubble.


princess- Welcome home. I hope you completed your two writing assignments. Once you make it inside the terminal, boot up your laptop, post your sub journal entry and email me your HEA outtake. Then hop in the car with Domenic and have him deliver you to the Four Seasons before dropping your luggage at my place. I will meet you in the hotel lobby bar exactly at 5:30. Do not speak to me until I give you permission. I missed you so much, princess. -Master

71 comments:

  1. It's gonna be a great homecoming
    These two cant wait to be together and I can't wait either. Wonder what he has planned a public scene in the bar? She's gonna be hyper lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edward is becoming a highly respected and valuable asset to the company but there has never been any friction between the two of them where work is concerned. Isabella will be proud of his advancement.

    They missed each other so much even though they've only been together for such a short time. I can't wait for the scene in the Four Seasons. Nice choice, Edward!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayme, thank you for noticing that he's not at all intimidated by her success at work. In fact, this is one of the features that sets him apart from many other men, I believe. He actually deep down wants her success and obviously is doing everything in his power to make sure she achieves it.

      Well you know those three weeks they've been together feel like MONTHS sometimes, don't they? *grins*
      xxxxxx
      b

      Delete
  3. Wow! This chapter provides such rich insights into the many different facets of their relationship. I can hardly wait to see what Master has in store for his Princess---and at the Four Seasons, no less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three Weeks...*shakes head in wonder*, yet somehow they feel like they have been together forever. The complete ease in which they slid into this relationship (with minor bumps along the way)just makes them seem like one of those couples that have been together forever and can finish each others thoughts and actions lol.
    I wonder if it is all the sweeter for Master to dominate such a successful woman. It must add to his power, knowing that this woman who is so strong and capable in the "outside" world accepts and enjoys doing his every whim (I know its not a whim, that he thinks and plans hard these pleasures)
    Savored this chapter and am looking forward to next...now, onto the journel.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about how they fit together! It does feel like we've known them so much longer than three weeks *grins*

      Oh yes, it is so much sweeter for him to have control of a successful woman in her own right!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow, sorry for the lack of review recently, had to change my google account, but now back and fully say thank for you the past few chapters. I absolutely loved the chat room, *swoons* it was just perfect. xx jasper_replaces_edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, the reunion awaits! I'm excited to hear that Edward is getting a promotion of sorts, as is Emmett. And the corn over the fruit...too funny. Poor Abdul. I still love corn...especially sweet Jersey corn...there's nothing better. Anywhooo...looking forward to the Four Seasons and the night that Master has planned!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do we have a new rivalry...Ohio corn vs New Jersey? Oh jeez, just when I thought it was only the Pats v the Giants. Yay to the promotions. Everyone wins! xx

      Delete
  7. Hot damn...four seasons. great way to welcome her home. loved how they missed eachother. that was awkward with jasper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I love writing AWKWARD!! Thanks for your sweet note.
      xx b

      Delete
  8. Love love love where Edward was talking about looking around his apartment and only seeing what was missing while Bella is out of town! so cute.

    I liked the comments on her previous journal entry-- the latter half of kitkat's comment kinda reminded me os something i would say- trying to wriggle more info out of the author... *whistles innocently* haha

    I'm beginning to really feel their separation now so I'm super excited to see their reunion and even MORE excited after seeing Master's message... and his command! the wheels are turning in my head! I'll be waiting for next week's chapter with eager ANTICIPATION. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No innocent whistling outta YOU, Digi!!

      I can't wait to see if your wheel-turning went anywhere near my writing. We'll know soon. XXX b

      Delete
  9. Only three weeks? Maybe it won't feel like so much longer when we're able to read it all at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like forever when you read it all at once. Trust me, I've been doing it this week! The story is over 800 pages!! XX b

      Delete
  10. I commend you on keeping this story interesting and always surprising. I was a little worried about their separation. Mostly, I didn't think Princess would be ok without her Master for even a few days. These two seem to fit together in a perfect kinky package. It is hard to think of one without the other. I also enjoyed following Edward at work. I find it interesting to watch him interact with other men, especially successful men. His confidence and intelligence is sexy as hell. ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for our sweet compliment. I do strive to keep them fresh and it makes me endlessly happy when readers say I've surprised them!

      These two certainly do need each other, but the question was, could they provide enough through emotional and online support without being physically present for each other?

      I am so happy you enjoy reading Edward at work. I do love to put him out there and watch what happens. Still not sure how/if he and Garrett can ever reconcile...but he sure has won over Charlie and Jasper! XXXB

      Delete
  11. Loved this chapter. Needy Edward is such a contradiction to Master, who is always in control of himself and his sub. I love how they are both so ambitious in their careers and they are making such strides in their private relationship. I can't wait for the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is that Needy Edward fellow! Though he also tries to be commanding and in control. He's JUST a man!

      Thanks so much for your observations. xxb

      Delete
  12. Another perfect chapter! I guess I like the "normal" ones as well as the "omgod hot sex" ones... I like reading about how normal their relationship is besides the fact that they are living a D/s style. Loved all the references about their personal career achievements and also loved it the needy Edward! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meire. So happy you like the 'normal'- LOL, dude! xxb

      Delete
  13. Now isn't that a most welcome "welcome home"... looking forward to the actual meeting. As I am sure Bella is...
    ~EE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I cannot wait to see if you still feel this way after reading 76!

      Delete
  14. I do believe she has that boy whipped, when he actually went for the fruit salad instead of the corn. Bless his little pea pickin' heart! Yeah, he really has it bad for her and that was only after a two day absence. I wonder how he would have coped if it was longer?

    If I was Edward, I'd scrub my desk, down in basement, after witnessing Rose and Emmett's little display! So if they hire a new techie, does that mean Edward will get his own office upstairs, since that is where he will be spending most of his time working? Bella would most definitely like to have him closer to her!

    Excellent chapter my dear!

    CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you think Edward's whipped, eh? Interesting!

      LOL on the desk scrubbing! Couldn't hurt to pull out the bleach! Oh how interesting to think of E moving upstairs. But nah, I don't see it officially happening. I think home base will always be the basement. Unless Charlie wants to make him VP!! xxb

      Delete
  15. I missed you so much, princess. -Master

    This melted my heart....and I can't wait for Master to show her just how much he missed her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Cap. I'm happy I melted you. xxb

      Delete
  16. Shes home!!!!! I like to see how He still has a good portion of the power in the relationship due to the D/s nature they started with, but LOVE to see that the boyfriend in Edward is changing for her. He is a remarkable Master who is now becomming an even better boyfriend as well.

    Moving up in the corporate world....Isabella will be so happy that he is getting what he wants and truly deserves. Its nice to be recongnized for your achievements and when you make things fall into place.

    Now that shes home, we can get some MAJOR playtime!! Need to make up for being seperated for what...all of a week!!! LOL Sometimes 1 day to way to long!!! We all know that Master is gonna make sure that she is appreciated and welcomed back properly!!!

    Loves <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And she is a wonderful submissive who is learning so much about taking control of herself in all kinds of situations because of her Master's training and care. So they're both growing...how cool!

      I am eager to hear what you think of their reunion after reading 76!! ;)
      xx
      b

      Delete
  17. Hey, b. I just love - so much - their banter when it's just Edward and Isabella. Love, love, love. I love that Edward isn't afraid to put out there that he misses her. I thought his comment about 'missing her' being a huge understatement was extremely sweet. It makes him so vulnerable...and epically swoony. :)

    Totally annoyed by Jasper that he didn't throw credit Bella's way and even seemed chagrined that he didn't...like he knew he should have. Sort of jerkish of him. I didn't get his comment to Edward about how he was glad he didn't have the chance to help her six months ago. What does that mean?

    Loved this, love The Four Seasons (fancy, Master!).

    I totally still need to pm you about the boy porn! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your kind words about their banter. I love being in the room while these two are talking. Epically swoony, I think I love that!

      Oh, I think you may have interpreted the Jasper scene way differently than I'd intended. Jasper was being talked to by Bella's boss as if he were still her boyfriend and he wasn't taking credit for her work, just not setting him straight on their personal life, which frankly, as it was all rather couched, seemed the appropriate response. He was actually quite proud of her too but he was out of the loop and embarrassed about that as well as being 'congratulated' for her achievements AS HER BOYFRIEND. He did stand up and praise her when he mentioned how well she did in the walk-thru. And as far as his comment to E, he just meant that B would've left him a lot sooner had she known Edward six months ago! Oh my on the PM and yes please.xx

      Delete
  18. I don't know what happened to the comment I attempted to post but it pretty much said that I agree with Vicki. Women that tend to have a more demanding type of personally don't really always want to be in charge.
    Personally, in my house I am in charge until the bedroom door closes (or I hear the change in his voice.) Either one of those things will almost automatically put me into a submissive mindset. Though just because we're in the bedroom that doesn't mean I'm always submissive but I think in my head I know that that's where the "trade off" takes place. ;)

    xxx,
    ~v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have perfectly described a very common scenario, one which tends to produce submissive women who are perfectly capable of commanding other types of situations and choose to take a break in their personal relationships.

      Would you believe you gave me a little chill when you wrote 'I hear the change in his voice'? Yum yum yum, do tell, VM! You lucky V! xxb

      Delete
    2. I love that you got a chill. Just imagine how I feel when it happens. ;) It's kind of like the feeling of butterflies but if you added the fact that said butterflies were hanging out in a beehive it would be more appropriate. LoL. The funny thing is that I have always felt that way around him. It's just nice to have that feeling show up every once in a while after 10 years. :)


      xxx,
      ~v

      Delete
  19. Lots to celebrate at the Four Seasons. I can't wait to read what Master has in store for his princess. Great chapter and I look forward to reading the next as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I look forward to your response, as always!
      xb

      Delete
  20. this should be some homecoming....awesome chapter...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do these two ever take a break from D/S? It seems they are constantly role playing. I'm not complaining because you get so much of it and wonder what his plan is for her.
    I loved the letter back to him where she has a sense of belonging to one-to him. Making her feel safe and she could sit at his knees with her head on his lap until end of time. I can so picture that and how much she loves and adores him and would do anything for just him.
    I am so excited for next chapter-the anticipation of a sweet reunion is killing me-I bet it'll be a doosey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make an interesting comment about the D/s. They actually did have a break the night they had phone sex, remember? And also, the night after the chat. It's just that they were only talking (in different cities) so you're not seeing the vanilla sex right now. When you factor in the sub journal and the conversations, it does tend to take over. Perhaps they'll decide that one week night is enough? I'll let them know the readers want them to cool it! ;)
      xx
      b

      Delete
  22. Oh Dear Lord! I can't wait to read about the reunion. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and their's couldn't be MORE fond of each other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait till you read about the reunion either! xxb

      Delete
  23. Oh BOH!!!!! I can't wait for the next update!!!! I am ready to see all the wonderful things Edward/Master have in store for Bella/princess... I am also waiting patiently for Marcus to show up!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your exclamation point excitement!!! That makes me smile. Patience, Twi. xxb

      Delete
  24. Wow! Those two are already married. They just need a ceremony, a ring, and a license, not necessarily in that order. :) The "good girl" in her is not necessarily a bad thing. She lets her know that she has limits and it helps her to really know what she's comfortable with. So, I hope she never really loses that. She has to trust herself as much as she trusts Master, imo. Great chapter, Born. Very insightful about the blindfold preparing her for the distance between them while she was away.

    xoxo

    Cocoa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MARRIED, YOU SAY, Cocoa?? One giant leap for mankind! ;)

      I can tell you the good girl may ease up a bit, but she'll never entirely disappear! Love your insights about trusting herself though. And thank you for your kind remarks!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  25. I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks!!! :)
    There are Soo many things I love about this chapter:
    The fact that he notices her things missing,
    The fact that her voice is in his head (the fruit:),
    It doesn't bother him and that he proud she is Soo successful,
    He is moving upstairs,
    And I can't wait for the scene at the four seasons!
    Anticipation can be a wild and crazy thing! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your enthusiasm for the story, grnid!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  26. Good for Jasper to be moving on. I hope Em's increased work load doesn't come back to haunt Edward. I can't wait for the Four Seasons ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting observation about Emmett's work load. I think this is only going to be good for all involved. Agreed re: Jas. That boy deserves some good loving!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  27. so interesting how each other them miss the other, both sides, so much
    you never know how much you miss you loved one until they are so far away you can't hug them when you want

    love it, keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True dat about the physical piece...and they're learning each other's emotional needs as well with the distance.
      xx
      b

      Delete
  28. Thumb toes? I have never heard that expression! I noticed another reviewer commented about how they seem to be more D/s rather than b/g-and I know that's what you show us-I'm not complaining! It probably seems like more because when they are just themselves they are still discussing their past scene, or future scenes. It's a big part of who they are as a couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made that up, trying to picture her nabbing that bag from way under the seat. I think you're right on the D/s, and once you throw in the journaling, the responding, the processing, it does take over. Perhaps two weeknights PLUS a weekend scene will prove to be more than they want after a bit. But for now, they're both so eager to get down to it, it's hard to deprive them! Thank you for the observation though. Much appreciated.
      xxxb

      Delete
  29. I liked seeing a more noble side of Edward in this chapter when he helps train Emmett with the files so Emmett can do a little corporate climbing.

    Reading Bella's entry about how she liked the cyber room got me to think that this was a somewhat training exercise from Edward for her in exibitionism...maybe a little public play is in their not so distant future?!

    Cannot wait to see what Master has in store for Princess. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Edward is definitely noble, especially when it suits his needs!

      You are correct in the way Master has it framed. Looking forward to your reaction to the next one!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  30. I am squirming on my chair...can't wait to get to the Four Seasons! (behind in my reading, started a new job this past week!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the new job! Easy on the chair please...xxx

      Delete
  31. Even though I know you wrote this, the fact still remains that even though males think us womenfolk talk in tongues, they also have their own form of banter and repartee as enjoyed at the beginning of your chapter. The good old boys were in high clover and pulled Edward right in having appreciated his abilities as well as enjoying their new and improved IT potential. And Edward has always been a gentleman and stellar employee around Jasper as he continued the same before their AM meeting.

    I also enjoyed his evening conversation with Bella when he gave her credit for opening his eyes, just a bit, to the value of a fruit cup over corn :-). And it was sweet that boyfriend Edward was a little mushy and sappy.

    I haven't missed all the various lateral allusions that Master provided for Isabella in her continuing learning process and very much appreciated both sides - the teacher and the student - as he provides the momentum and the rules while she learns to value his expertise while trusting in his experience.

    Great chapter, as usual, and I continue to enjoy and appreciate your way with words and phrases. They're like my favorite comfort foods that soothe me and allow me to admire the content and value the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L- Thanks for your kind words up top. I'm pleased you felt I captured the male-speak. I worked in a male-dominated industry right out of school and always felt a bit out of the loop with the golf and the scotch drinking!

      Your review made me squishy inside. Thanks so much for your sweet words.
      xxx
      b

      Delete
  32. I feel kind of bad leaving a review almost a month later. As you can see, I am a bit behind on my reading thanks to RL. But I still wanted you to know that I'm still reading (when I can) and still loving these two. But 3 weeks!? Good lord, these two have had more sex in 3 weeks than most have in a whole year. Lol. This goes to show just how strong their bond is and how meant for each other they truly are. Looking forward to what Master has in store for their reunion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do like to play, these two! Maybe it will wear off in, say twenty years? Nah, probs not!
      xxx

      Delete
  33. Anticipation-I certainly am. Wondering what Master has up his sleeve for this welcome home.
    Love how their thoughts are consumed by each other. How nothing feels right unless they are together. Grounding forces beyond our control,aimlessly floating until they are in each other's presence. I get it. It is a wonderful feeling to come home after a departure and to also be the one on the receiving end.
    Undeniable love.
    Grazie Amore xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wait till you see, Sweet K!
      They are definitely consumed!
      x

      Delete
  34. "Just a cozy double date: Edward and Isabella, Master and princess." I do so enjoy it when he acknowledges his own multiple personalities!

    "the look of a man who’s just been given credit for a group gift he didn’t realize his name was on." Excellent analogy. And I love all of Edward's interactions with the old fellas.

    "I haven’t mentioned that my Master can occasionally be a bit of a trickster? He does keep me on my toes…when I’m not on my knees, that is." NICE!

    I may have said this before but Master's eating habits are so close to mine it's unreal. Bless his heart for feeling proud of the fruit salad, I would too!

    Telling Abdul he has a girlfriend was adorable too.

    The phone call really made me think of when I first started living with Mr A. I was more than satisfied with my own company before but as soon as you get used to having that person there, who you love, the house can feel desperately empty without them. You captured this really well.

    "I chuckle at my own discomfort as if this disappointed cock in my hand were someone else’s" Even his cock has his own personality! ;-)

    "dreamy pre-writing fantasy state" Oh I know ALL about that place, sister!

    Can't wait for the rest of their homecoming. Fortunately, I'm so behind I can click straight on!

    A xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen your picture, and you must have an EXCELLENT metabolism, like my favorite fictional dom here! LUCKY GIRL!

      as soon as you get used to having that person there, who you love, the house can feel desperately empty without them--I appreciate your saying that. Some might not get how much they need each other, especially now in this very new part of their relationship. I've always felt this way about my husband, especially in the beginning. I'm a bit sappy, but...hey, it's my fantasy!

      Even his cock has his own personality!--well, of COURSE it does! ;)
      LOL to the pre-writing fantasy state. Looking forward to the fruits of that state some time in the near future! ;_)
      xxx
      b

      Delete
  35. I love to hear Edward's inner thoughts. It's comforting to know that Doms are human after all, have insecurities too, even though they rarely reveal them except maybe to a mentor. I'm going back to read what you've commented on to me now and will return to this story as soon as I get back home from my dr. appointment. Sick! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me a while to catch up with you. I've been working on the sequel. Loved all your comments and thoughts!
      xo

      Delete