Saturday, July 14, 2012

69 BRUNCH



~Chapter 69~
BRUNCH

she
Hmm, brunch with the Cullens at the Guild Hotel. A wool skirt with tights and suede boots topped off with a soft, cozy sweater ought to do the trick. It feels great to just leave my hair down  and throw on a pair of chunky earrings and be done. Besides, I smile at my reflection, I’ll be taking this all off in a few hours for Master. A Master who professes to have “plans” for me. I watch with fascination as my face reddens in the mirror. Oh man.

Speaking of the man, Edward’s sleeping like a baby this morning, I note, checking the time in the corner of my monitor. 8:28. I’ll wake him by 9:15 if he hasn’t rolled out of bed before that, but in the meantime, I’ve got journal comments to open. I’ve waited too long; I actually have to go back and reread my entry about pain to recall my observations.  Ah, right—the love/hate, it’s all about Master, and what generally comes afterwards. Ready to dive in, I click open skerbo’s message first:

Aaahhh yp, As I don't see you as a 'pain slut', not to worry. I felt the exact same way at first. I was totally not into the pain part as much as more subs are. But as you so wonderfully figured out, Master is there to make the pain sooooo much more pleasurable. I truly enjoy reading your journal entries, as I get to relive or remember what my first few months were like with my Master. It shows great love and respect on your Master's part that He knows you so well by now that He can judge how far He can take your pain to give you that pleasure.

I hope that in time you will learn to love the !%^$#*$ nipple clamps...lol I found that using them on Master can also be lots and lots of fun!!

Always, His kitten 

ME use the clamps on MASTER? Frankly, I just don’t see that scenario unfolding. Has he ever...? Would he like it? I wonder. Maybe I’ll ask him tomorrow when we’re unwinding. Sure, as if I’ll be hosting coherent thoughts by then.

kitten- Thanks for your views on the pleasure v pain topic. Obviously, this is something I will continue to work out. *grimaces* Can’t imagine looking forward to the clamps, and wouldn’t that defeat the purpose if I did? Confusing, all this, but thanks for being here!  ~xp

Happy to see my "old friend" Less Than Vanilla, I eagerly click open her comment:

Hello princess. I can't believe how far you have gone in so short a time – it’s been less than two weeks since your Collaring Ceremony.  Reminds me of my daughter, who was still not walking on her own at 14 months when I decided to buy her first pair of shoes.  She screamed the place down whilst we were putting them on her feet, but once we stood her up in them, she was off! She was so quick, she ran out of the shoe store and into the sweet shop next door before her father caught up with her!

The level of faith and trust you have in your Master is quite astounding, but please, take time to reflect.  

Take care and stay safe.
LTV

Ever cautious, her observation and her advice make me smile.

<V- Yes, I sometimes do feel like that little girl with brand new, magical shoes that not only have me walking, but soaring to ever new heights. My Master is indeed worthy of my faith and trust, but rest assured, your warm words of wisdom are duly noted. ~xp

"ISABELLA!"

Whoa! Edward is up and apparently needy this morning. "One sec," I call back, quickly logging out.

"Hurry!" he growls, making my heart race as I step through the doorway of the master suite. "Aw shoot. You're already dressed?" He looks positively adorable, propped up in bed with legs akimbo, the sheets tangled across his lap and his beautiful bare chest on display.

"I've been up since seven," I shrug, sauntering over to the bed and sitting down next to him.

"Wish you would've woken me before you got out of bed," he grumbles roughly. Then, he seems to switch gears and runs his fingertip down the length of my face, scooping  my hair behind my ear. Tenderly, he adds, "You look great in that outfit. I just..."

"Wish I weren't wearing it?" I finish helpfully. We both smile. "These tights are ridiculously difficult to get in and out of. Still..." I finger-crawl my hand over to his lap until I find what I'm looking for--a sizeable, firm lump that springs to life when touched. "I'd be more than happy to help you out with this."

His smile is radiant. "I accept your kind offer," he answers immediately, sliding down so that he's flat on his back. I am a sucker for the way the muscles in his upper half expand when he folds his hands behind his neck and flops his elbows open.

With a dramatic flourish, I whip off the sheets and his cock waves hello. I sidle in beside him, angling my head into the crook of his right arm. He turns his head and places a kiss in my hair. "You're the best."

"Just don't squirt on me. I don't want to have to change my sweater."

He laughs, then suggests with a comical eyebrow jiggle, "Hmm, maybe you should take it off, just in case?"

I have to admit, it's not a bad idea. Of course, once I get started, there's no reason to leave the bra on either, as he so obligingly points out. "Now, isn't that better?" he asks, wrapping his arm around my back and taking my entire breast in his warm palm.

"Yeah," I sigh, happily tucked into his side. I close my eyes and reach for his morning woody. It's basically a grope and tug exercise, making up in efficiency what it lacks in emotional depth. And yet, those last few strokes before his climax, Edward manages to pull me inside his pleasure with a deep groan and a sharp twist of my nipple. I feel a sympathetic clenching between my legs as he flexes into my hand and beseeches me to rub harder. After the pressure's built to more than he can bear, he tightens and trembles and clutches me against his body with a ferocity that makes me shiver.

HE
“Cullen, reservation for six,” I say sotto voce to the hostess.

“Yes, sir. Two of your party are here. This way, please.”

Isabella slips in front of me and I guide her toward the table with my hand at her hip. She really does look fantastic in her over-the-knee boots and short skirt, and it occurs to me that the two of us have had precious few relaxed dates. To be fair, tension is more our style, but clearly the down time is much needed. After she returns from her trip, I vow, I’ll take my girlfriend out for a casual dinner somewhere and we’ll just be us for a while. No friends, no parents, no princess or Black Velvet.

“Good morning, dear,” Mom says, standing to give Isabella a kiss on the cheek and pulling me in for a hug. “Sleep well?”

“Always,” I answer, omitting that my wake-up call was even more glorious.

“You always did sleep the sleep of the righteous,” Mom smirks, belatedly adding, “somehow.”

“I see we’re not wasting any time this morning, darling,” my father says, side-eyeing his wife. “Morning, kids.”

“Why’d they give us such a large table?” Isabella wonders aloud, looping the strap of her pocketbook over the chair next to my dad. I don’t blame her; he’s a safer bet any day of the week.

“Yes, Edward. Why the table for six?” Mom questions.

“Oh, I don’t know,” I hedge. “Maybe in case—”

Right on cue, in walk Riley and Sean.

“…An old friend should happen by.”

Mom gasps and rushes over to Riley, who grins ear-to-ear and turns a highly entertaining shade of pink.

“Mrs. C,” he says fondly, as Mom crushes him in a bear hug.

“What a lovely surprise!” Mom’s voice is garbled with her tears and sniffles. “Oh, let me take a look at you! You look terrific! Someone must be taking good care of you!” Her eyes shift behind Riley to an anxious Sean, shuffling restlessly and looking down at the floor.

Without missing a beat, Mom reaches her hand out and snags Sean’s, pulling him into their hug.

My eyes meet Isabella’s and we share an amused smile.

“Maybe we could learn the boy’s name before you pulverize him, darling?” Dad suggests reasonably.

Mom loosens her death grip on the two of them, and Riley shakes Dad’s hand before ending up in his arms as well. “Good to see you, son.”

“You too, sir,” he answers. “I’d like you both to meet my partner, Sean Walsh. Sean, meet Dr. and Mrs. Cullen.”

“Oh fie, Riley. You know better than that! Esme and Carlisle will do, Sean. Come on, let’s have a seat. I’m sure Edward is starving.”

“That’s a foregone conclusion,” Riley retorts.

“Ri,” I greet him. “Glad you could make it. And thank you for bringing Mom a fresh lamb to slaughter.”

“Hi, handsome,” he says, giving me an exaggerated kiss on my cheek. “Good time with the ‘rents?”

“The usual. Mom’s out of control, Dad cleans up afterwards.”

“Ha! Sounds about right. Hey, sweet Bella,” Riley says, reaching around me to hug her. “You know, her bark is worse than her bite,” I hear him say in a soft voice to my girl.

“It’s fine,” Bella answers semi-convincingly.

“Sean, thanks for coming. I knew my parents  would want to meet you.”

“Hey, man,” he answers, shaking my offered hand. “Hi, Bella,” he adds, taking a seat to my right after a brief two-step where Riley and Sean fumble over who would get stuck with the hot seat next to Mom.

“So, how was the opera?” Riley asks casually, as we all open our menus.

I peer around the table, watching everyone’s responses.

“Delightful!” Mom gushes.

“Highly moving,” Bella adds.

“I’m gonna have the banana pecan pancakes,” Dad answers, earning himself an elbow jab from his wife. “What? I love those!”

“Honestly, Carlisle. Are you trying to imply you didn’t have a wonderful time?”

“It was fine. I mean, I guess I could handle going once every decade.”

Mom rolls her eyes to the assembly and turns to Riley. “How are your folks?”

He gulps down some water. “Bree says they’re fine. We’re not exactly on speaking terms.”

“Oh dear. Still?” Mom asks, placing her hand over his on the table. “Their loss.”

“Always has been,” I add, feeling the familiar frustration over Biers family politics.

Riley sighs. “Seems Dad’s on some jag about grandchildren now, and how the family name is going to the grave with me.”

There’s a deathly silence around the table; suddenly the menus are terribly fascinating.

Sean clears his throat and Riley looks around, confused. “What?”

“Nothing,” I say quickly, hoping to clear the awkward out of the air.

Mom covers her face with her hands and thankfully the waitress comes over. “Do y’all know what you’d like?”

Mom retorts, “How about a ‘reset’ button?” sending the girl next to me into a fit of giggles.

“Esme, it’s fine,” Isabella says.

Riley’s head whips around to the two of us, realizing this is not at all about him. “Oh crap,” he says, then mumbles, “Excuse my language, Mrs. C. Why didn’t someone shut me up?”

“I’ll have the banana pecan pancakes,” Dad says, smiling at the waitress and handing her his folded menu.

“Yogurt-granola parfait for me,” Isabella orders.

I follow with, “I’ll have the Empire State Special with bacon and ham, plain pancakes, eggs scrambled—well done—and an onion bagel.”

Riley snorts. “You sure that’ll hold you till lunch, big guy?”

“What are you having, Sean?” I coax him. I know we can be an intimidating bunch.

“Oh, uh, Belgian waffles, please, with fresh strawberries?”

“Sure thing, honey. How about you, sir?” the server asks Riley.

“Egg-white omelet with spinach and Mozzarella cheese, English muffin, toasted dry, and a decaf skinny latte.”

I smirk and let out a derisive chuckle, which earns me a pinch from Isabella and an eye roll from Riley. Mom completes the circle with a Bloody Mary and a single soft-boiled egg.

“That’s it?” I inquire.

“Yes,” she says, clapping shut her menu and passing it across to the waitress. “Your father is all talk. He’ll eat about three-quarters of one pancake and call it quits and I’ll end up finishing for him.”

“So, Sean,” Dad starts, seemingly disregarding Mom's dig, “tell us how you met Riley.”

Sean turns instantly to Riley. “Well, go ahead, Shawnee,” he says with a huge smile. Sean’s hesitation causes all of us to take particular interest. Of course, I know how they met, but I’ve never heard Sean tell  their story.

“I, um…”—he clears his throat—“I got dragged out one night by a bunch of friends...”

I notice that Riley grabs Sean’s hand under the table and gives him an encouraging squeeze.  

He continues, “We were all messing around on the dance floor…Riley kind of...”

The two of them look at each other as if they’re the only ones at the table, and without speaking, Riley takes the baton and picks up the thread of the story for him. “I saw this incredibly sexy guy strutting his stuff on the middle of the dance floor…”

“Oh god,” Sean mumbles, dropping his chin to his chest and turning bright red from the tips of his ears to his collar.

“What, babe? You know you’ve got the moves!” Riley turns from Sean to face my dad. “Anyway, I went right up behind him and started dancing with him.”

Mom slaps a hand over her heart and sighs dramatically, causing me to burst out laughing, because the real story was anything but the romantic version she’s writing in her head. Riley grabbed that poor boy by the hips and pulled Sean’s ass right into his lap; then he ran his hands all over Sean’s hot chest and got him so worked up he could barely stand; and for the grand finale, Riley sucked the boy’s ear lobe right into his mouth and Sean had absolutely no choice but to go home with him that night.

she
“They’re all kind of a trip, don’t you think?” Sean confides in me as we’re saying our goodbyes outside. “I mean, I know Riley basically considers them his own parents, so I hope I made a good impression.”

“You did great, Sean,” I reassure him. “They weren’t judging you; they just genuinely wanted to get to know you. They clearly love Riley like a son and just want to know he’s in good hands.”

Sean blushes and I instantly regret my wording. This poor guy is such an easy mark.

“Come on, gorgeous,” says Riley, coming up behind Sean and giving him a love tap on his ass that turns him even brighter red. “I have plans for you.”

Edward, standing behind the two of them, smiles wickedly at me, and I know Riley’s statement applies to us as well.  Riley and Sean pass through the receiving line, saying thank you and promising to take good care of each other, before hailing a taxi and slipping away into the slushy streets of the city.

“Here’s our car, sweetie,” Mom says, spying the Prius along the curb. Dad dutifully wheels the two suitcases over to the waiting valet while Mom starts the epic goodbye. “Edward, you don’t know how happy you’ve made your old Mom. Spinach, perfect girlfriend, opera…”

Edward chuckles, “I’m sure my girlfriend is happy to play second fiddle to a soggy green vegetable, Mom.”

She waves away his comment and turns to me. “I’m sure Isabella knows what I mean, even if I don’t always say it according to Emily Post.”

“Emily Post?” His laughter turns into a loud guffaw. “Seriously, I think you’d have to dial it back to hit George Carlin!”

“Oh, Edward!”

Now what did he do?” Carlisle asks playfully, wrapping his arm around Esme at the curb.

“Apparently, your son feels that I was too harsh on his girlfriend.”

My son, eh?” Carlisle grins. “Now I know you’ve gone and done it, Edward.”

Esme takes both my gloved hands in hers while the men fumble with hugs and loud back pats. “Dear Isabella, I hope you’ll forgive me all my coarseness. Sometimes my mouth trudges on ahead of my brain. But you have to know how crazy happy we are that Edward has landed a girl as clearly ideal for him as you.”

Oh my.

“I’m the lucky one,” I answer quite honestly.

“Yes,” she agrees. “You’re lucky, too.” Then Esme sighs a big, long, motherly, contended sigh. “My son was always a wonderful boy, and now he’s a wonderful man. It’s never easy for a mother to let go of such a creature, but I have to say, for the first time, Isabella…I feel as if he’s with someone who truly loves him not just for who he is right now”—she trails off wistfully before continuing—“but for his potential. And don’t you let him fall short of all that he can be.” The corners of her eyes shimmer with unshed tears. Poor Esme has gone all emotional. Must be the Bloody Mary.

“Don’t you worry, Esme. I won’t.” I wink at her just before she swoops me into her arms for a tight hug.

“All right, young lady,” Carlisle cuts in. “My turn to say goodbye.”

“Thank you for everything,” I tell him.

“This was nothing. When you come out to Philly, we’ll show you the town.” He leans in with a conspiratorial whisper, “Don’t worry, we’ll leave the so-called culture out of it and show you the true hot spots—Geno’s cheese steaks and South Street. “

“Sounds wonderful,” I respond. “And the Liberty Bell?”

“Meh, if you must, but you know it has a giant crack in it?” He grins, and I see one last glimpse of my Edward in thirty years’ time. “They just don’t make ‘em like they used to.”

“No, dear, they sure don’t,” Esme crackles, taking Carlisle by the elbow and drawing him toward the car. “You kids take good care of each other now. Edward, eat your veggies.”

“Bye, Mom. Safe travels, Dad. Precious cargo and all,” Edward sings, clearly a refrain from his childhood.

I look on as Carlisle lovingly tucks his wife into the passenger side, then gives us a final wave before climbing into the driver’s seat. It’s hard to believe how much life is contained in that tiny little hybrid as it pulls away from the curb.

Edward wraps his arm around my waist and tucks me close. “Sad?” I ask him.

“A little melancholy I guess. They’re still so vital—”

“I’ll say!” I cut in, causing him to chuckle.

“Yeah, I know, Mom’s a spitfire. I just hope they’ll keep each other young for a long time.”

I rest my cheek against his overcoat. “I know.”

HE
It’s bitter cold outside, but the walk isn’t too long and I can definitely use a little activity after that feast.

“Thanks for giving up all your free time to help me entertain my parents,” I tell her.

She looks up from my lapels, slightly surprised. “You don’t have to thank me, Edward. I loved getting to know them. They’re so damn proud of you.”

“I’m lucky. I got a great set of parents. I still get angry when I think about what Riley went through growing up. Thank God he’s well-adjusted enough as an adult to know how fucked-up they are and not think there’s something wrong with him.”

“Sounds like he pretty much adopted your family?”

“Yeah, my folks always had a place for him at the dinner table, or you know, a spare bed.”

“Bet he would’ve rather have slept in yours,” she teases, not too far off the mark.

“No doubt, but it’s never been a problem for us. I mean, I’ve always loved Riley. I never thought too much about defining it. There really isn’t a name for what we have.”

She takes in my words for a few steps, then suggests, “Brothers?”

“In some ways. But the truth is, we probably always got along a lot better without the blood relation.”

“Mm, and speaking of blood lines…”

“Oh no, we’re going there again?”

“No, I was just going to say it was fun to maybe get a glimpse of the future you.”

“Oh yeah? Do tell. What’s the future me?” This could prove to be as insightful as Dad’s birth order analysis. Next we’ll be discussing zodiac signs.

“Well, first off, you’re obviously growing into your father’s features.”

“That’s a good thing, right?” I ask, somewhat amused. I’ve always regarded Dad as a good-looking man, for an old guy.

“Yeah, Edward. Your dad’s a hottie.”

“Ha ha ha ha! Okay, thanks for telling me!” I pull out my phone and pretend to text. “Hey, Dad. Just wanted you to know my girlfriend wants in your pants.”

She shoves a balled-up, gloved fist into my heavily padded arm, which is completely ineffectual. “Gross!”

“Aw come on. Not really. I mean, your mom’s pretty smokin’, too!” I say, just to get a rise out of her. She doesn’t disappoint.

“You are a pervert, Edward Cullen.”

“As if I didn’t already know that, and thanks for reminding me just in time for our big overnight scene.”

“Hey, you’re not going to forget the morning assist, are you, mister?” she says, looking up at me hopefully.

“Sorry, sweetheart. That was your boyfriend in bed with you. Master keeps a separate scorecard.”

She frowns and asks, “Well, what’s the score?”

I kiss the tip of her nose and answer, “Same as always. Whatever I want it to be.”

“Oh,” she answers, crestfallen, even though I know she’s not.

“Listen, about today’s scene, I want to try something a little bit different.”

“Oh god, different? How can that be good?”

“Oh ye of little faith,” I tease, confident she has complete faith in me.

“Are you asking me?”

“Well, in a manner of speaking, yes. Remember when you were filling out your checklist, and it came to the part about role play?”

“Yes.”

“Well, if you’ll recall, you rated that a ‘desirable’ activity.”

“Okaaaay?” Cue blush.

“I want to try something today, and I’ll direct it, naturally—”

“Naturally.”

I smile. She’s nervous, and it’s totally endearing. “The thing is, role play requires your input and creativity in a way that a standard scene does not. In a very real way, you have significant control over how the scene plays out, within the boundaries I set.”

“So, kind of a ‘write-your-own adventure’ then?”

“That’s a good way of putting it, yes.”

“How will I know what to do? It’s so much easier when you just tell me…or make me,” she adds, this last bit causing her to look down to the slippery sidewalk.

“I know,” I answer. “That’s why the role play is so delicious. You get that much more control in the scene, but the consequences are then…on you.”

“I’m not sure I understand,” she answers, slowing her pace, anxiety creeping in.

“Hey,” I say, stopping altogether and tipping her face up to mine.  “I’ll be right there the whole time, you’ll see.”

Her expression looks pained, and I hasten to explain. “It gives you a chance to be creative, which I think you’ll really enjoy. And it gives me a chance to engage with you, not knowing how it’s all going to come out.”

she
Wow, I never looked at it that way before. But it’s not new for me to regard the dominant’s role as less desirable.

“Why is this making you so apprehensive?” he asks.

“Edward, you’re really good at this. What if I ruin the scene? I feel like I’m just going to be acting, whereas normally, I really…”

“You’re really living it.”

Good thing he’s holding me up when that pile of bricks falls on my head. Guess what, Bella? Your fantasies aren’t fantasies anymore; they’re real. Which makes the rest of this…what? I look into his gleaming eyes, waiting so patiently for me to connect the dots. I give him a slight nod. Yes, I’m really living it.

“Welcome to my world, Isabella,” Edward says, evoking the scene outside the entrance to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory, Gene Wilder’s animated expression holding all the promise of soon-to-be-revealed secrets and shared delights. “You still with me?” He dips down slightly so he can look levelly into my eyes.

“Sure.”

“Good. So, here’s the deal. We’re going to start off with this role play, but just for a couple hours. And then, we’ll switch gears.”

I feel relief seep into my bones. “You mean, you’ll take over again.”

“Yes,” he smiles. “Role play isn’t true dominant and submissive play, and Master’s not about to give up his sleepover. I just wanted a chance to get our feet wet with this. We’ll take a break to process and then we’ll move on.”

“Okay.” I can’t see how helping direct the scene will be as exciting for either of us, but I am eager to see how it works.

“Okay,” he repeats, a bright smile on his face. “Now, I need twenty minutes alone in the apartment before you come up.” My stomach flips, imagining what he might be setting up. It’s best not to try and guess.

“So I’m wandering the streets then?”

“With purpose,” he says, reaching into his interior coat pocket and pulling out some folded sheets of paper. “You have some homework before you come upstairs. Here’s the setting and character profiles,” he explains, handing me one of the sheets.

“So I get to see your character profile as well?”

Devilish wink. “No, sweetheart. There are two different character profiles for you. You get to pick who you want to be. I already know who I am.”

My innards go entirely gooey.

I see the exact moment the gleam appears in his eye, and I’m no longer speaking with Edward, but my Master. He hands me the rest of the pages. “And these are the rules you’ll be following.”

I reach for the papers, but he holds fast to them. “Hang on, the scene starts when I give you these. I need to tell you something first.”

Oh man, now what? “Okay?”

I have almost no bare skin exposed to the elements, but Edward tips my scarf down and out of the way, finding my lips with his and warming me from the inside out. And when he’s done kissing the guts out of me, he pulls back slightly, aims those high beams on me and says, “Thank you for trusting me. I want you to have fun with this. Don’t be nervous.”

“I’ll try.”

And just when my shoulders start to unclench, he goes and says, “Study up. And whatever you do, don’t be late.  Are you ready, princess?”

“Yes, Master,” I whisper into the ominous January sky.


“Knock on the door at…” he checks his watch, “1:40. I’ll collar you then.”

52 comments:

  1. Gah...can I get one of these Riley's to have for my own. I would love a little gay friend to play with.

    Now the Master...I think I might need two of them to keep me in line.

    Wonderful as always...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you need your whole set of action figures to play with all day, KK! And yes, definitely more than one Master to keep you in line! XXX B

      Delete
  2. ohhhh Teasing teaser that teases!!!! I am going to be a mess today...first all nervous in LRR and now all worked up here.
    Love Esme and Carlisle, they seem to be just great ppl not just great parents, and lots of fun to be around.
    Her lightbulb moment of her fantasies being real life now kinda hit me too, what incredible insight!
    Thanks for a fun morning of reading, will be all anticipating next weekend now lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed it all, double birthday girl!

      Delete
  3. Oh man role playing...that is going to be awesome. I wonder what he is going to do. poor Riley in regards to his parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the same jerks who sent him to boarding school hoping to wipe away the gay. :( Lucky he has Edward and company...xxx

      Delete
  4. I can not wait to see what happens next. But I thought that about this whole story. I am wondering how many chapters you see and if there is a sequal planned for these two. Do not want this to end.

    As always update soon.

    Love the interaction at brunch. Carlise,Esme,Riley, and Seth..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A SEQUEL TO THE SEQUEL? BWAHAHAHAHA!! I can't say how many chapters, but I can tell you I still have a robust outline ahead and several more written for the future. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your wonderful support for the story and all the characters. xXXXX

      Delete
  5. Oh, I can't wait for role-playing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Snoopylover and her question. I had also asked myself that recently. Lol So glad I have other things to occupy my mind all week when left with all these teaser chapters lately>> Take care sweetness...I think role playing is fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You asked yourself? What was the answer? Probably as accurate as mine! Thanks for your sweet support.
      xxx

      Delete
  7. I love how Carlisle and Esme are so accepting of Riley. Shame on his parents for not being so. Ungh. And now I have to go all week thinking about this? And it's already been two weeks since we really saw Master. I'm such a needy girl. Maybe Master should punish me for that? ;P See you in the Patch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GUMI, you impatient little smooshy candy man! You will see Master in all his glory, but he won't exactly BE Master in the next one. Any guesses? Thank you for your lovely and wonderful support. XXX

      Delete
  8. can't wait to see a convo where Bella asks if she can use clamps on Edward.. lol and love her willingness to take off her sweater and bra and give him a hand when he woke up. too cute.

    love the Riley & Sean appearance at brunch- they are perfect and cute and just ahh! lol. and the Cullens love Riley too! just so much love! love the story about how Riley and Sean met- the G rated one and the REAL one. haha

    I love carlisle's easygoing manner. making cracks about pancakes and the liberty bell to keep everyone calm and happy.

    love Edward and Bella's discussion about Riley after lunch- as always, I love the bromance, and its so much better that Edward has zero problems with Riley's sexuality, but i've said all that before- I just wanted to comment on how great it is that Edward doesn't feel the need to define their relationship. they're amazingly close but edward admits, they're not really brothers. he admits that he LOVES riley, and doesn't need to insist "we're just friends!" to outsiders just in case someone interpreted their closeness as something more... *sigh* i can barely articulate how much i love them. haha

    love Edward's lines "Master keeps a separate scorecard." and def "I already know who I am." (my innards went gooey there, too!)- in life, in his career, behind closed doors, with friends and family, and with Isabella... he knows exactly who he is... :)

    i'm very excited to see what kind of role playing is going to happen but i'm nervous for isabella too. i'm not an actor by nature so i feel her trepidation. but im sure she'll do just fine, and cant wait to read it next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't picture her putting clamps on him, and frankly I was shocked that skerbo went there! Happy you enjoyed Riley and their stories. Carlisle is so my dad, except my dad would never even side-eye Mom, just toss in a one-liner that would quietly steal the show!

      Thank you for mentioning those lines you enjoyed from Master. It was really fun to think about him planning this one out. The role play chapter is far longer than any of the previous chapters, and I have a feeling you'll enjoy it. ;)

      Love you, Digi! Thanks for your insightful comments. XXX B

      Delete
  9. Mmmm...love horny Edward in the morning! Love Carlisle and Esme, but glad they've gone back home and E/B can have more time together to entertain me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AGREE! We needed those parents to L.E.A.V.E. (Hope my mom's not reading this) Glad you enjoyed Woodward! ;)
      xxx
      b

      Delete
  10. Loved it as always. Even if I still don't have a damn computer and I have to read it on my phone. Good news there is reading it on my phone makes it seem longer. Btw I'm sorry about the thing B. You know I was so excited. I'll make it up to you someday - if you'll let me (whenever I get my damn laptop back!) I promise.

    xxx,
    ~v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS, no worries! At your leisure, and there will be more chances! Glad you're still enjoying it!
      xx
      b

      Delete
  11. I really love Edward's parents. :) It must've given him a great deal of courage to pursue his own desires to see how accepting they are of others. I'm glad Riley and Edward have family in each other. That's really cool. Loved the "Welcome to my world." Willy Wonka and Twilight references - very nice. I think Bella will be fine with role playing. She just has to trust herself as much as she trusts Edward. :) I love how it suddenly hits her that she's living the dream. lol Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eunice. Interesting thoughts about E pursuing his desires. Doubtful his parents know what he's REALLY up to, but I do agree that the fact they encourage him and his curiosity really does make him much healthier emotionally and available to try out all kinds of good stuff! Ah, yes, the trust factor. Always a delicious theme to explore! See you there, next Saturday!
      xxx

      Delete
  12. E's parents are pretty special people. It's lovely to see them accept Riley as a person and not someone who represents a sexuality brand. I really enjoy the interplay between B and E as they discuss the upcoming scene. I totally get B's trepidation. It's all wound up in her total intense desire to please him. When something new and unexpected is coming up, she automatically worries that she'll eff up and not fulfill his needs. Methinks she has forgotten what his job is. LOL. But perfect, it's not only a new sub thing I think, but a new relationship thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey again, Song. Glad you're excited about the upcoming role play scene. It is WAY easier to be the passive submissive than the active part in a write-your-own scene. You make an excellent point about her fear of disappointing him, especially where he was originally attracted to her creative words.

      Not much chance she won't fulfill his needs, eh?
      xx
      b

      Delete
  13. I love when Riley is around. He and Sean are so damn cute!!

    Esme and Carlisle kill me, what witty fun people with hearts of gold!!

    Role Playing huh, I am interested to see what kind of "roles" they are going to be taking on. Oh and the fact that Bella gets to choose her role...blessing or curse!?!?

    I love time with Master!!

    xoxo
    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet review, H. Love your characterization of E and C. Yeah, they're awesome, but still have the occasional parental slippage we're all prone to! See you in the role play...*winks*

      Delete
  14. I loved Esme and Carlisle's visit but I'm glad they have headed home so that Master and Princess can play before she must head out on her trip. I was absolutely going crazy yesterday wanting to read this chapter and RL kept getting in the way! Made it priority today and now I can't wait for the next chapter and their role playing. See ya with the next update B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it's lovely when company comes, but these two REALLY need their space!

      Delete
  15. Love me some Riley and Sean!

    And I can't wait for what's to cum! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed my boys. I always have fun watching those two!

      Delete
  16. Role playing...hmmm...can't wait to see where that's going...love all these characters...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know, Born, I am REALLY looking forward to the role-playing thing. Mister YesPleaseSir and I have always mutually shied away from that sort of thing, fearing that we'd both feel terribly, terribly ridiculous...but it always has had a kind of appeal that I admit keeps it on my radar screen. Both parties REALLY have to commit for it to work, I think; that is the difference between fun and awkward, I assume. (And awkward and hot don't even live in the same ROOM as each other, obviously....)

    I love that he is doing this new and different thing for HER, in a way — he offers her the creative control of choosing the character she wants, tailors her understanding of it to the writing she is already very comfortable with by now, etc. All of which makes her more likely to be able to honestly sink into the scene (duh -- look at the language of bdsm, anyway: "scene" is a theatre word, after all....) and really enjoy the role she's in.

    BTW, I didn't realize the line "I already know who I am" was so loaded until I read other comments on here. I think I was hooked on the "You get to pick who you want to be" part, where she feels the pressure of being responsible for the way things play out. After all, if one is truly comfortable in the sub role, I assume, it's always easier to LET GO and let someone else be in charge of everything for you -- isn't that the point?? I'm going to be very interested to see how she thinks about this as it unfolds....

    All that being said, his "I already know who I am" line is GOOD STUFF. And it plays so well with the other stuff we learn here, about Riley and the shame he does NOT feel around the Cullens. A home where Riley would feel safe would also be a place where Edward could explore/recognize/discover the D/s side of himself with less trauma/self-loathing than a lot of other people might experience. B had a little taste of that, herself, in her reaction to Esme's wearing The Apron in the last chapter, right? This chapter made it easier to see how E can be such a well-adjusted, balanced, lovely human being and not spend a lot of time wallowing in self-doubt/-hatred because of his choice of lifestyle (occasionally worried, yes; wallowing, never).

    And btw, while I am always thrilled to be inside E's head, I realized that you've made it safe for us, here — he so utterly, totally cherishes B's gift of her submission (and accepts her newness, her fears, and her limits) that it's not uncomfortable for us to watch her stretch herself, test her limits, and try things that she (and we?) are scared of. We know that when things get dicey in HER head, we often get the relief of seeing her in HIS head, where she is unconditionally accepted and loved, regardless of where things go (remember all that "failure" she obsessed about in the anal training scene? There wasn't a word like that in HIS head, the whole time). Because he has been there, done that, he sees the obstacles in the road ahead (and sometimes puts them there!) and because he adores her, he is more than ready to help her navigate them.

    {sigh} He's just dreamy, Born. I want one!

    Cannot WAIT to see the role play. Must admit that while I look forward to the hot-and-heavy, I'm also dying to see what characters he offers her, and also to see what she will CHOOSE!!! Can't wait for the next chapter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, MYPS, awkward is a spoiler. Glad you picked up on the "I already know who I am" line. Master has no qualms about his role or how he'll play it! And doubting himself is not really part of his genetic makeup! I totally agree that this is largely due to his wonderful accepting parents. So we can thank or blame them, depending on your outlook. Love how you've seen through his eyes that really nothing she can do in scene is wrong. We're all learning here!

      Lucky for you, the hot and heavy is intertwined among the characters! XXXX
      ~B

      Delete
  18. recovering from Comic-Con so I am a little late with the reading and reviewing. I do love Edward's parents. And I can't help but feel not only will Edward resemble his father when he gets older, but I could see a foreshadowing of the future B&E relationship-with a bit more kink(but who knows what goes on in C&E's bedroom!) I am curious to see this role playing-I always like to see Bella exposed to something she is not comfortable with, and how she handles it-and then how Edward handles her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can assure you there is no kink in that parental bedroom. The resemblance ends with the physical. Glad you had a great time at Comic Con!

      Delete
  19. I just love esme and Carlisle, they are too sweet!
    I'm totally loving on Riley too! Poor guy! Too funny that the grandkids comment came up again:-)
    I cannot wait to see the role play next chapter!
    Until your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i want esme and carlisle as my parents! they seem so cool
    love the interaction and so glad to hear talk about ri and his connection to edward
    love is love

    bella still doubts herself as a sub, and she is still new to this lifestyle, so it is understandable, but more so it is slowly seeping in that this is her lifestyle now, yes, not a fantasy anymore

    live it bella, be the sub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure Esme is easy to have as a mom. She's kind of snoopy and pushy, ya know! You're right about Bella. She's starting to see the she can't just draw a line in the sane and says exactly when she's a sub and when she's not.

      Delete
  21. Oh God, now I can't stop fantasizing about Domward wearing nipple clamps.

    Ha ha - I LOVE that he actually wakes up and YELLS out for her coz he's horny. Too funny, and cute/sexy. I can see his little pout in my mind when he sees that she's dressed.

    "I accept your kind offer," he answers immediately - HAHAHA!

    "Just don't squirt on me. I don't want to have to change my sweater." Mate, this is funny as hell, methinks KEA should have been up for a Best Humour award too.

    Pleased to see the return of the wonderful Riley, and I loved Esme's reaction to him. Just another example of what a loving, welcoming family they are.

    Hmmm...I think what Esme and Isabella order for brunch is a good example of why they are so slim and beautiful. Let's just say, if I'm dining OUT my plate's gonna look a lot more like Edward's lol!

    He he - the real version of how Sean and Riley met is so brilliant, and the fact that Edward knows so many details is a great demonstration of his and Riley's closeness. BTW, I LOVE that straight Edward has a gay best mate. You NEVER see that in stories (and very rarely in life I should think) and it's awesome.

    Poor Esme has gone all emotional. Must be the Bloody Mary. - Honestly, I laughed my way through this chapter. And poor Esme, she gets all choked up and Bella blames the booze! Having said that, after spending my first Christmas with Mr A's mum, she did give me a big, tearful hug at the door and thanked me for making him happy. In the car I confess to scoffing a little and telling him his mum was battered so I guess I'm just as bad!

    Whatever I want it to be. - Love love love!

    And...it's scene time! Happy days :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your review of brunch. So happy you enjoyed. I just thought it would be fun for Riley to be a little surprise. Besides, how much more could Bella be embarrassed? It was time for it to be someone else's turn! THANK YOU! XXX

      Delete
  22. Just caught up with this now, B. Awesome, as always. Fun brunch for all...my fave was Carlisle's order!! Reminded me of CC!! xoxo, Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you may not have known is that the high maintenance Riley order belongs to none other than mr h!

      Delete
  23. OK, I truly LOVE Esme and Carlisle. They are a riot!!! SERIOUSLY! I can just see how Edward will be at that age!!

    Riley and Sean....what a pair. They are E&B but gay!!! Riley is just awesome and yea high maintenance too. But in reality isnt there atleast one person in any relationship that is the high maintenance? As far as Im concerned thats not a bad thing. It adds something to the relationship as long as the other partner can handle it!

    Role Play....yea thats just all kinds of fun!!

    Loves <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never actually thought of R and S being E & B, but Riley does like to get his Master on that "poor boy" once in a while! I agree that it's all about the pairing. There's someone for everyone, no matter the quirk! (thank goodness) xx

      Delete
  24. Love Edward's 'rents and how they interact with each other. You have some lovely witty banner going on between all of them at the restaurant too! Loved that. So glad that Riley has his "family" and a new person to share himself with. Oh...LOL...that sounded bad, didn't it? *snort* Well, you know what I mean. A loving partner is what I meant.

    Oh and this role play thing? Interesting...can't wait to read all about it!

    Keye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you like the Cullens' banter. Carlisle reminds me a bit of dear old Dad and my Mom can tend to let her thoughts be known, though she NEVER would've put the kids on the spot like that about children! Glad you enjoyed the chapter.

      Delete
  25. Ooh you big tease! So glad the next chapter is already up xxx

    Loving your Carlisle, he cracks me up with his pancakes and liberty bells xxx

    So master is back in the building, can't wait to see what he's come up with. I love how anxious she gets about getting it wrong but I doubt he sees anything she could do as wrong! I often forget how new she is to the lifestyle, feels like I've known these two forever xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you feel "teased" and I think it mirrors how my characters feel about each other- always breathless for more! I agree with you that Master wouldn't see her as "wrong" or even inadequate, but Bella IS new to it all and lacks the confidence she'll probably grow into with time. Thanks so much for all the reviews. xx

      Delete
  26. Love Riley and Sean! Their brunch all together was fun to read. I love your Esme. This role play, I wonder what choices he gave her. I can see she'd rather leave it to him, but then again he is in control, as ever, making the decision to stretch her experiences again. Giving her a choice is an illusion. It's still all his choice. I read on to find out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm, not sure I totally agree that it's all his choice or giving her a choice is an illusion. He loves her brain and values her input, knowing the kink is probably going to ring true for her if she has a part in inventing it too. I'd say he has all the control and she has all the power. How's that?

      Delete