Friday, June 1, 2012

2 TAXICAB CONFESSIONS


~Chapter 2~
TAXICAB CONFESSIONS

HE
The stoplight clicks yellow as we approach the intersection. Fitting, I note wryly, as she’s turned away to peer out the window, or possibly into her own reflection. Yellow. Caution. Slow down. Already.

It’s been my strategy to wait, though my usual self-discipline has been leaky around the edges since she barged onto my radar screen, but I cannot abide the doubt creeping through her system like an infection.

I give her hand a slight squeeze. She jumps slightly, her breath marring the glass with fog. Idiot, I chastise myself. Our sudden departure didn’t allow for a return pass through the coat check. I’ve eschewed my overcoat tonight, but surely, Isabella had at least a wrap covering her bare shoulders. I release her hand and promptly shrug off my jacket, slipping the expensive material between her back and the cool fake upholstery unworthy of touching her skin.

“Thanks,” she says gratefully, drawing my heat from the lining and clutching the lapels together at her neck.

“You should’ve told me you were freezing,” I say too harshly, angry at myself for overlooking her needs.

She turns her trusting eyes to me, and I now see the glint of tears at the corners. And I know it’s not really what I’ve just said that caused them, but the accumulation of colossal choices that sent her away from everything familiar, into this taxi with, let’s face it, a guy she’s known not even three weeks. A fucking asshole who’s just yelled at her.

she
What am I doing? What am I doing? What. Am. I. DOING?? This isn’t how mature people make important decisions in their lives! Am I letting my crotch do my thinking for me now?

Get a grip, Bella. You know this guy. He works for your company (and interoffice romance has proven to be such a great idea). He’s smart (and you can’t make a move without him knowing). He’s kept your secrets faithfully (along with a treasure trove of his own). He’s drop dead gorgeous (and you can’t manage a coherent thought within a mile of his voodoo). He’s an experienced Dom who is especially eager to train new submissives (and you’ve just dived head first from comfortably safe into terrifyingly unpredictable.)

He grasps my hand again, and I startle at the sudden contact that interrupts my continuous inner debate.

“I’m sorry,” he says contritely. “That was my fault. I…wasn’t paying close enough attention.”

“It’s fine,” I answer, absolving him.

“No,” he responds. Then, more to himself than to me, he adds, “It’s absolutely not fine.”

Silence. My inner critique resumes until he starts speaking again.

“Isabella, I need you to know, I don’t take it lightly that you’re in this car with me right now.”

An unladylike snort fills the space between us, and I’m mortified at my own audacity. “Well that’s good, because I think I just left my entire life behind on that ballroom floor.”

“I know,” he answers. But does he, really

“This isn’t some kind of game for me, Edward.”


HE
I’m relieved she’s using my name and speaking earnestly, rather than feeling bound by some code she suspects she should follow now.

“I am well aware,” I reassure her quickly. “I don’t intend to treat you as such.”

She looks over at me and issues a challenge that is meant to sound brave. “Exactly how do you intend to treat me?”

I lift our joined hands to my lips and give hers a gentle kiss. “Exactly how you want me to, Princess,” I respond, answering her question not in the least.

Truth is, being smitten with a potential sub is all new to me. She’s not just here for a slap and a tickle, nor would that be nearly enough for me. Not with this woman. We’re going to have to forge our way together. She’ll have to teach me the how-to-do-a-relationship ropes while I tie her up with mine.

15 comments:

  1. She'll have to teach me the relationship how to do ropes while I tie her up with mine! Oh I adore him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) It'll be a learning experience for both!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ah! I can completely understand Bella's freak out! She just blew the life mapped out for her to go with Edward, thereby choosing her way road {at last}!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can you imagine chucking all that? BRAVE GIRL!
      xx

      Delete
  3. What a leap of faith...or was that lust!!!
    Love it...and pumpkin soup!
    Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was equal parts faith and lust!
      x
      b

      Delete
  4. Oh they are both entering into the unknown. I have a feeling it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok...so finally found my way here. :) Loving the ride so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that ... "She's going to have to teach me the how to do a relationship ropes while I tie her up with mine."
    It will be a learning curve for them, but I am pretty sure that they will fine that HEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be pretty sure of that when it's the title! ;) Thanks, Mary!
      xx

      Delete
  7. She's in unknown territory and scared. He seems sensitive and kind. Doms don't have to necessarily be all harsh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! They sure don't! :) I think there are certainly times this guy may have appeared insensitive in the past, especially in the very beginning of the story when she was more of a game than a person. I think he'll make it up to us! :)

      Delete