Saturday, June 30, 2012

67 LET ME

~Chapter 67~
LET ME

she
“I may have let you get into that dress all by yourself, but there’s no way in hell I’m letting you get out of it alone,” Edward growls, spiriting me down the hallway toward the  bedrooms. “I’ve been jealous of that thong lodged between your ass cheeks since you started teasing me five hours ago.”

Me? Teasing you? How about your hot lips and fingers on my neck at the opera?” I retort, turning off into the guest room. Suddenly, he’s no longer beside me.

I spin toward the door, where Edward is still standing, gripping the doorjamb anxiously.

“What?” I ask, confused by his odd behavior.

“I didn’t want to just… assume that you wanted me to follow you in here. This is your space.”

Tossing my clutch onto the bed farther from the door, I saunter over to where he’s standing. “This reminds me of those vampire shows where they have to wait to be invited in,” I tell him, allowing a slow smile to spread across my face.

“Gee thanks,” he answers, regarding me uncertainly.

I grip the sides of his bowtie in my hands, caressing the soft, heavy material with my thumbs. “Edward,” I say, looking deeply into his unexpectedly shy green eyes, “you don’t ever have to ask again. You are always welcome in here or anywhere else I happen to be.”

I tug on the ends of the tie, opening the bow and leaving it to dangle around his neck. Sliding my hands down the placard of his pleated shirt, undoing one button at a time, I reveal his white sleeveless undershirt.

“Sexy,” I whisper, leaning in to kiss him.

He pulls me into his arms and crushes my body against his. “Driving…” he kisses me, “…me,” tongues pressing against each other “…crazy.”

My hands dig into the satin band at his waistline, tugging the shirt and undershirt roughly from the confines of his slacks. My hands find his bare stomach, and Edward lets out a low hiss.

His insistent fingers work down my zipper, and the wide collar begins to slip over my shoulders. Before the gown can slide to the floor, Edward catches the fabric in his hands. He looks hungrily at my bare breasts before dipping his head to take one nipple into his mouth, a loud groan accompanying the gesture. He’s tender and needy all at once, and my hands find their way into his glorious hair, transmitting my appreciation and encouragement with every stroke. The soft lapping of his warm tongue feels like heaven compared to the heavy lining of the brocade imprisoning me all evening, and the gentle nips of his teeth along my flesh make me moan and beg.

When he pulls away to ease my dress over my hips, I protest with a loud growl of frustration. Edward looks up from my belly and shoots me a sexy smirk. “Don’t worry, sweetheart,” he whispers, “I’ll be back.”

His lips trail after the “V” of the gown’s bodice, making their way down my front, lingering at my navel, then lower. He cups his mouth over the thong and nuzzles his nose and warm, moist breath over the fabric.

“Never mind, just stay there!” I whine shamelessly.

But of course, he doesn’t. He drops soft kisses between my thighs, knees, calves and finally, ankles. A chivalrous hand reaches up to balance me. “Step out.”

He sweeps away the dress and sets it gingerly across one of the beds, pulling open his cuff links as he turns back to regard me. “Jesus, that’s what I thought,” he marvels, his eyes moving from my panties to my heels and back up to my chest. “Still need help with your thong?”

He is so ridiculously sexy right now, untucked, disheveled, green eyes gleaming with desire. “Sure, baby,” I answer, no intention of denying this man anything.

He pauses to savor the moment before stepping around behind me, skimming his palm across my shoulder blade  and landing at my neck. Distracting me with more soft kisses just below my ear, he cups my ass with his free hand, softly caressing the bare skin and teasing closer and closer to the middle. The other hand glides down my spinal column, leaving a trail of goose bumps in its wake.

HE
If Isabella had any idea this was how I pictured her all night, she might be tempted to knee me in the nuts, which is exactly why I’ve wisely kept that thought to myself. My fingers catch at the top of her thong and she gasps as I work it upwards; not roughly, just baby steps, tiny little bursts of friction at her front and a noticeable pressure along the crack.

“Is that helpful, sweetheart?” I croon into her ear, licking the lobe for emphasis.

“Oh, God,” she mumbles, as I slide two fingers inside the tiny triangle pinched uncomfortably between her lips.

“Jesus, you’re soaked.” I circle her clit softly, while the other hand teases at the string in the back. It’s times like these, I could really use another pair of hands so I could touch her everywhere all at once. “Grab your tits for me, baby. Run your thumbs over your nipples.”

I resist the urge to rut against her, though I’d love nothing more than to trade places with that slip of floss between her cheeks. Watching Isabella touch herself is an enticing view, and if I weren’t too greedy to give up her wet pussy, I might switch places with her. Alas, I’ve been dreaming all night about getting her off this way, and when her breathing picks up and her soft moans turn into a low wail that spirals higher and wilder and louder; when her legs start to shake with the effort of holding herself up through it; when her muscles clamp around my fingers and she bucks into my hand and screams out, “Yesssss!," I know I’ve made the right decision.

Besides, I’ve just had a most delicious idea for our scene on Saturday night.

“Thank you,” she whispers, eyes closed and bliss written all over her face.

“My pleasure.”

“There’s more where that came from,” she grins, spinning to face me and pushing my shirt off my shoulders.

“Are we leaving this on again?” I ask, plucking at my wife-beater and quirking a teasing eyebrow.

“No,” she hums. “I just want you tonight.”

This answer pleases me greatly. “Me, too,” I tell her, though giving up the thong and spiky heels will be a bit of a sacrifice. It's been too long since Master's pranced the princess around in slutty heels. I pull off the tank and manage to open my pants while she slides off her thong and sits on the edge of the empty bed to unbuckle her shoes.

“Hey,” I say softly, prompting her to look up. “Let me.”

She smiles and falls back onto her palms, watching me undress. She’s leering, really, and not feeling the least bit embarrassed about it. Apparently, my cock doesn’t mind the attention—go figure—and I stroke myself once or twice as I step out of my pants and silk boxers and toss them next to her gown on the spare bed.

“Hey,” she says, echoing my tone, “Let me.”

I step closer to her, my eyes on her cocky smirk. She wraps her hand around me as I cup my hand near her calf and she lifts her foot obediently. I make quick work of the buckle while she strokes me rhythmically with enough pressure that the tension begins to mount. I release her shoe and drop it gently to the floor, sliding my hand up her calf to the back of her knee. I have to stop and close my eyes, enjoying the skillful hand job and forgetting my task for the moment. It’s not till her other shoe taps at the side of my thigh that I remember my duty. I force open my eyes only about one-quarter of the way, just enough to get the job done.

No sooner have I got the second shoe off, then she drops to her knees on the floor and takes me all the way into her mouth. My hands find her shoulders as she works her way up and down over my tip and shaft, lavishing me with her warm tongue and rolling my balls in her hand.

“That…feels…amazing,” I grunt out. “But I want to feel all of you,” I add, bending to take her face in my hands and gently pull her up to me. She kisses me along the way, teasing at my chest with her wet mouth and burying her nose into the crook of my arm as I envelop her in my embrace.

I regard the double bed warily; it’s close by, and right now, that’s a giant plus in my book. However, it’s not the luxury of the master king mattress, nor will it give us much room to frolic.

I wiggle my thumb at her lower back and she looks up at my face. “Should we take this next door? This bed’s kind of small.”

“Actually? It’s just the perfect size for what I need tonight,” she replies, reaching one hand behind her and taking hold of one of mine. Looking coyly over her shoulder, she leads me to the bed and pulls down the covers with her other hand. She slips between the sheets, settling onto her stomach and bringing me with her, so I’m extended along the length of her back. Isabella purrs as our skin connects everywhere.

My girl needs a good smothering tonight, and I’m more than happy to oblige. I hook my feet around her ankles and tightly grasp the hands tucked under her body, her bent elbows nestled inside mine.

The soft skin of her back feels like satin to my chest, and the gentle contours of her ass provide a welcome landing place for my very grateful cock.

I only let go of her hand long enough to reach down and situate myself inside her slick opening. She lifts her bottom to provide an angle for deep penetration. Isabella clutches me tightly against her as our bodies slide with and against each other, building up to a steady, deep tempo. The mattress springs squeal and the headboard knocks against the wall. Cheek to cheek, our lips can’t connect for a kiss, but our warm, low grunts jump back and forth from one set of lips to the other.

The intoxication of our fairy tale evening swirls in my head as the tension builds. The headboard bangs insistently against the wall with each of my deep thrusts. Isabella’s voice is low and raw, and my need is suddenly overpowering. I wrap myself as tightly around her as I can and take possession of every part of her. In the desperate moments just before my peak, I declare my love over and over again.

In the aftermath, she rocks us both onto our sides, still joined, and pulls my arms securely around her middle, a human safety belt. She breathes in deeply and exhales with a contented sigh. “Happy?” I ask.

“Mildly,” she teases, twisting her head just in time to watch a smug smirk form on my lips. “You know, I think your dad might be a little jealous of you and your mom.”

“Please tell me you weren’t thinking about my parents this whole time.”

“Nah. Just that last part at the end.”

Excuse me?” I ask in mock horror, and she giggles.

“I was just feeling grateful to the people who put you on this planet.”

I hook my chin over her shoulder, drop a kiss by her ear, and inhale the sweet intimacy.

No matter how delicious the afterglow, there comes that moment where a man realizes he’s about to overstay his welcome. Just before that happens, I disembark as gracefully as possible. “I think we’ll sleep better in the other room.”

she
I felt a wee bit naughty waking up in Edward’s bed this morning, knowing his parents are just down the road, well aware of our illicit activities—some of them, at least. Sure, we’re in our thirties, haven’t lived under our parents’ roofs for more than a decade, and obviously we have both had previous partners. Still, it feels strange. Thank goodness, the Cullens aren't sleeping across the hall.

Across the hall, that is, where my boyfriend surrounded me with his entire perfect self last night while we christened the guest room. My escalating need for him might worry me, if not for the fact that he seems so well equipped to fulfill the ever-demanding requirements of keeping both his girlfriend and his submissive one satisfied, happy woman.

I really need to lock away that memory for now and turn my attention to the focus group. Multitasking is really not my forte; even if I could tune my receiver to more than one station at once, Edward Cullen would easily occupy every frequency all by himself. Sly bastard, donning that Black Velvet tie once again, rekindling my flame for his trusty alter ego dom. Though I suppose, if truth be told, I did the same with my souvenir thong. Still, invoking Black Velvet has me thinking once again about the concept of a mentor, separate from Edward and Master, and the titillation does me absolutely no good right now.

“Bella, Earth to Bella…” Jessica snaps her fingers in front of my face. “Ah, there you are. Okay. Everything else is all set. Your laptop is set up in the board room, and your Power Point is loaded and ready to go. The flipcharts are on easels. Handouts are collated and distributed around the twelve places at the table.”

Twelve. Twelve critical faces, twelve harsh reviews, twelve opinions that will either build my team’s confidence or send us frantically back to the drawing board over the weekend.

I used to not mind so much working on the weekends, but now that I have Master to serve for a solid twenty-four hours of it and Edward for the rest, I have less than zero desire to rethink Warwick. This has to wow them.

“The participants will be arriving at 9:30, and it’s 9:10 now, so your team will be assembling in five minutes upstairs. Is there anything I can get you, do for you…?”

“Thank you, Jessica. You’ve done more than enough. I’ll see you on the other side.”

Jessica laughs nervously. “It sounds like one of us is about to die.”

“That would be me,” I answer.

In a deliberate movie-narrator voice, Jessica says, “Walk…toward…the light.”

I roll my eyes at my assistant’s playful attempt to relax me and I feel the vibration of an incoming text message in my pocket.

Butterflies?

My heart leaps into my throat—it’s from Jasper.

How’d you know?

You always get performance jitters before a big presentation.

Of course! Jasper’s sitting in on the focus group.

And nobody could calm me like you, I text back. I have to give credit where credit is due. And already, I have to admit, that old, familiar sense of composure is settling in around me.

I’ll be there and you’ll be great as usual. C u soon.

True to his word, as always, Jasper does see me soon. He’s waiting outside the door to the board room when I get upstairs, leaning against the doorjamb with his hands tucked casually into his pockets.

“How you holding up?” His eyes hold concern.

“I’m okay.”

He nods. “Is your team ready for this?” My gaze jumps over his shoulder through the glass window where my team is arranging themselves and our materials.

“Honestly, I cannot think of anything we haven’t considered and tackled. I’m actually looking forward to the critique.”

He chuckles lightly. “Well you’ll get plenty of that with this bunch.”

“You’ve seen the list?”

His eyebrows lift. Of course, he’s seen the list. I sigh heavily, and Jas makes a reflexive move to comfort me, taking a half-step forward and pulling his hands from his pockets before halting and staring at me helplessly. He mumbles something under his breath that I can’t decipher, and then says aloud, “You know I’ll have your back in there.”

My shoulders unclench and the spinning in my stomach slows to a manageable whirl. “Thank you, Jasper,” I whisper.

He winks, turns, and heads toward his office. Right up until he rounds the corner, I watch his retreat, enormously grateful for his friendship and generosity.

HE
“How’d you like Bar 89?”

“It was perfect. Your mother’s still raving about the Oriental Tuna sandwich two hours later. I had a bistro burger smothered in caramelized onions and Swiss cheese—heart attack on a bun—but we’re on vacation, so what the hell?”

“Did you send Mom to the bathroom?”

Dad’s laughter rings through my Blackberry. “You don’t have to send people at our age, son. A half-glass of water does the trick. But yes, she came back with a big grin on her face, so I had to go to the men’s room and see for myself. Pretty damn clever, whoever thought of those fogging stall doors. Kind of weird, though, if you ask me.”

“Think so?”

“I mean, you’re sitting inside there, doing your business, and you can see out perfectly. So even though you know nobody can see you, it still feels like you’re on display.”

“Well,” I can’t contain my wide grin, “I suppose it appeals to a certain type.” Aaand, we’re changing the subject. “So, what are you and Mom up to now?”

“We’re in a taxi heading back to the hotel. We’re going to dump all our packages and change, then head out to the grocery store.”

“Ask him if Isabella has any food allergies,” Mom chimes in.

“Mom wants to know—”

“I heard. No, she’s good. Doesn’t like olives, but neither do I.”

“How about religious restrictions?”

Dad doesn’t bother repeating this time.

“Is this Mom’s sneaky way of asking about Isabella’s background?”

Dad laughs. “Maybe, but I really think she is just trying to plan a menu that won’t be offensive to your girlfriend or land her in the ER.”

It occurs to me that the topic of God, beliefs, or spirituality in general has never come up in conversation. “Tell Mom she’s never objected to anything on religious grounds up to this point. And she is not a squeamish eater; she’ll pretty much try anything once. Besides, Mom’s brought enough leftovers to feed all of us three alternative meals if Isabella doesn’t care for whatever’s served.”

“True,” Dad agrees, chuckling.

“What did he say?” Mom prods.

Dad covers the phone with his hand, but I still hear a muffled, “They’re planning on attacking the leftovers after dinner so it doesn’t matter what you make tonight.”

“Hey, I didn’t say that,” I protest.

“Give me the phone!” Mom argues.

“Now, look what you’ve done.” I sigh.

“Hang on, your mother wants—”

“I’m rethinking my decision to make you a fresh batch of Toll House cookies!”

“Awww, Mom,” I complain, watching the delicious treats slip through my fingers.

“Oh, Esme, stop torturing the boy.”

Mom harrumphs into the phone.

“Chocolate chip cookies are Isabella’s favorite.” That was kind of unfair, but I’m pretty sure it will work.

“Fine.” Mom lets out a resigned sigh.

“See you around six, Mom.”

she
Domenic is ready and waiting at the curb, door open. “Evening, folks,” he greets cheerfully.

“How’s the missus?” Edward asks politely.

Domenic’s grin grows broader. “All is well.”

Edward fist bumps him. “Care to share with the class?”

Domenic’s eyes drift over to me, but Edward quickly reassures him, man to man. “Bella’s cool.”

Not sure if I really want to encourage this conversation, I nod nonetheless. If Edward wants to get it out of Domenic, he will. I might as well not gum up the works.

“Okay.” Domenic leans forward, inviting us closer and dropping his voice to a hushed tone. Both of us lean in to hear. “Have you seen the trailer for that movie coming out this summer? About the…male strippers?” The last two words are barely a whisper.

Edward and I look at each other cluelessly. Domenic rolls his eyes and adds, “Magician Mike? The missus thinks it’s hot.”

I clamp my teeth down hard around my lower lip to avoid laughing, but Edward has no such inhibition. He barks out loud and asks, “So, are you going to take her to see it?”

Domenic reels back. “Oh hell no. Ahem…er, that’s a negative,” he quickly corrects himself. “She’ll go with one of her girlfriends from church, no doubt.”

Edward’s head bobs up and down in an Attaboy! motion while he says, “But you’re getting your money’s worth out of the trailer.”

“Every. Penny,” Domenic enunciates.

“Um, honey? Your parents…?” I place my hand on Edward’s forearm.

“Oh right. We better hit it,” Edward says, following me into the back seat.

Once we’re on our way, Edward asks, “So the panel was mostly favorable?”

“Yes, mostly.”

He shifts in his seat to face me, and makes a who-do-I-have-to-cut expression. “Mostly?”

“Down, boy. It’s all good now. One of the women—I think she was a clerk from Accounts Receivable or something—started attacking Roger’s sales projections—”

“Ah yes,” he interrupts, “hand a microphone to the girl who sits in the dark corner all day reviewing aging reports. I’m so not a fan of the straw man poll.”

“So, anyway…”

“Sorry, go on.”

“Jasper got on her right away, supporting our data with statistics on company collection history and industry trends and basically setting every argument to rest.”

“He cut off her legs?” Edward asks, visibly impressed.

“No. That’s not how he operates. He validated the concern, but then rebutted every issue.” And the poor girl actually swooned in the process, but I don’t need to report that to Edward.

“Well, good for him. I’m glad he was there for you.”

I search his face for jealousy or resentment, but find not a shred. “Me, too. He was really great. He’s always seemed to have this way of just…I don’t know, settling a blanket of calm over me. I can’t really explain it.”

“You mean, I don’t have that effect on you?” he smirks, knowing full well how keyed up  I feel just being near him.

“Nope. That’s not your particular gift.”

“I suppose not,” he responds. “And truth be told, I might’ve pounced on  ‘receivables girl,’ so it’s probably a good thing I wasn’t in the room.”

“Probably,” I agree.

“So, how did your revisions meeting go afterward?”

“Not bad. We still have a few more bells and whistles to add, but we can do it at the hotel on Monday after we arrive.”

Edward smiles with the realization that I’m not planning to go into work. “So Master’s got you all to himself this weekend?”

Oh hell, the ‘M’ word. It’s as if someone’s just set a pair of sunglasses over my eyes; suddenly everything is a shade darker and slightly obscured.

“As soon as your parents leave,” I answer, feeling off balance at the awkward layering of Master and Edward.

“They’re heading back  after lunch tomorrow. That gives us most of the day to play.”

“And into Sunday, right?” Oops, eager much?

My Dark Prince swoops down into the back seat and basically obliterates my boyfriend, at least for the moment. “Absolutely, my greedy girl.”

“You have a plan, don’t you?” My body responds in a hundred different delicious ways to the thought of our next overnight scene.

He grabs my hand and insinuates his fingers between mine. “Oh yes, princess. I have big plans for you.”

HE 
The elevator opens on my floor and I am instantly hit with a thick wall of savory herbs and cooked apples. Good ol’ Mom.  I start walking, admittedly a bit too quickly, toward my unit, when I hear a cascade of warm laughter behind me. Oops.

“Sorry,” I say sheepishly.

“No worries,” she responds. “I know better than to get between you and your next meal.” There’s a heated gaze between us as we both time jump to our recent scene.

“Could you please not rouse the beast? I have to go and face my mother.”

“Yeah, so do I,” she retorts.

“Let’s both try to behave then, shall we?”

She gives me a challenging stare, which I probably deserve, but she accepts my outstretched hand and lets me pull her to the door. As I’m inserting the key in the lock, I remember to ask, “Oh, by the way, you don’t have any ethical objection to eating pork, do you?”

“You mean, will my rabbi be angry with me?”

I pale for a second, my mind racing for clues. Swan…doesn’t strike me as Jewish, but you never know these days.

Isabella giggles again, clearly at my expense. “Yeah, I’m not Jewish. Or Muslim. So I’m all good with pork, but thanks for asking.”

“Okay,” I answer numbly, still a bit shell-shocked.

“Hey, would it have mattered?” she asks, more seriously.

“Of course not.”

“So, do you want to ask me what I am?”

“I already know what you are,” I answer, kissing her suddenly. I pull back and smile at her surprised eyes, happy to have turned the table to a more comfortable position—me in charge.

“What’s that?” she asks.

“You’re mine.”

I leave her with that thought as I push open the door.

The domestic scene before us is certainly most welcome; it just feels like we’re all inhabiting the wrong space for it. Dad’s lounging on the couch, at least three newspapers strewn around him. Mom is puttering at the stove, stirring and releasing delicious scents into the atmosphere.

“Hi, honey. We’re home!” I call out, and they both drop what they’re doing to join us at the door.

My attention is monopolized by Dad’s mad scramble to dig out from under his unruly fortress of current events, so much so that I completely miss what is going on with Isabella, until I feel her squeezing the life out of my fingers. I turn back to see what’s up, and I find a wide-eyed, beet-red picture of mortification. I follow her appalled gaze, and the path leads me straight to my dear old Mom.


“Something wrong, dear?” Mom asks sweetly.

74 comments:

  1. Esme's wearing the apron, isn't she!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a mighty fine guess, Trip! XXX

      Delete
    2. the apron hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah, has to be the apron, and even the suggestion of their other activities sets them off! Dinner might be a bit damp...and uncomfortably squirmy...

      Delete
  2. oh great chapter boh! it's great that jasper can still be there for bella sometimes, and that edward's okay with that. and the apron eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted Jasper and Bella to still have a meaningful friendship, and even for Edward and Jasper to have a mutually respectful working relationship. Alice is more difficult. Thanks for your comment, Lisa!

      Delete
  3. THE APRON! lol for a minute I thought the feather was gonna make an appearance..... Yeah, glad you are working Jasper back into her life. Those two need some closure. Loved this chapter, esp the 'smothering'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, that smothering. It was MarLea's picture post in Dreamer's that got me started on that.

      Delete
  4. ohhh poor Isabella, looking at her mother-in-law (at some point) in that apron! haha love it! (can someone, anyone remind me what chapter that was in so i can refresh my memory? lol)

    really liked Jasper being there for Bella- very cute.

    loved when Isabella was thiking about how she doesnt want to work over the weekend because she has more interesting activities to look forward to- had me wondering, obviously Edward wouldn't interfere with her career but if she had to work during part of the time they would normally scene- would we witness a sort of playful, faux punishment..? haha

    got a little chill when Edward called Isabella his "greedy girl" and then said "you're mine" gah, I just love them all the time.

    those bathrooms that C & E visited sound mighty interesting... lol

    and the pic in the middle of the chapter?!?! - swoon!

    oh and why would carlisle be jealous of edward and esme? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, check chapters 23 - 26!

      GASP! Punish his sub because she had work to do? I can't imagine that. But at some point, she needs to misstep doesn't she? How is that going to happen?

      Well, he IS a religion, now ain't he? Look how many of us worship him!

      The restaurant does have those funky doors, as does a movie theater in my neighborhood. CRAZY and weird and totally exhibitionist!

      Esme and Edward have this weird thing and sometimes he feels a little left out, well not really, just admires it. Don't forget, Esme is the only woman in authority E's ever been able to handle! ;)

      Thank you, Digi!

      Delete
  5. Oh my God! Bella and Edward are going to have a stroke with Esme cooking in the apron! Great chapter from beginning to end as always. I can't wait to read what happens next with the parents and of course Master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. poor Isabella. :(
      Glad you enjoyed the chapter, Missy!

      Delete
  6. I can't believe that is where you left it:) you are evil! and i love it!

    i love the friendship bella and jasper still have and that edward isn't all crazy jealous about it.

    can't wait for the next one to see why bella is a flaming beet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would not believe how much trouble I had figuring out how and where to cut this chapter off. When I came upon the cliffie, I knew I had it! ;)

      I also love that this Edward (as opposed to Hairward) is totally confident and jealousy is never going to be his issue. She couldn't possibly want anyone the way she wants him, and he knows it.
      xx
      b

      Delete
  7. lovey dovey and smooshy times! Real world concerns that show how rich her friendship with Jasper is going to be and then Esme accidently bringing the red faced Bella out. Good chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the love and smoosh too!
      x
      b

      Delete
  8. I would never expect someone like Edward to be the least bit jealous of Jasper-because he is supremely confident in himself as "master". What I'm trying to say is that his personality is such that I can't see him lacking in confidence about much of anything! Cannot wait to see how the kitchen scene will play out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on, Jill. And if you're reading LRR, you see the contrast! XX

      Delete
  9. First of all, love the visual aid you've included. Very nice. Second, OMG Esme is totally wearing the apron! Lmao. Another great chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One advantage of the blog is that I CAN use visual aids, which is really fun, where they make sense. Sometimes in my RESEARCH, I look things up!
      xx

      Delete
  10. First you get us hot and bothered, then leave us with a cliffy!

    Excellent chapter!

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like it's not hot enough....awesome chapter....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Isabella and her wonderful memories with the apron. Hehe... :)

    I think that not only is Edward a very confident man, he is confident in Isabella, & what they share together. Edward knows that she belongs to him. Hear heart beats for him, she gets wet for him, she loves him, & is in love with him. He has nothing to worry about. She has done all the reassuring throughout the relationship. He knows what she is..... HIS! ;)

    Loved it when he said, 'I know what you are,..... Mine' ;) Thats right.

    Oh, I am so excited for the weekend play. Will he be creating her fantacy of 'Geni' ? OH...... I hope so. ;)

    THANK YOU!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the review, Mrs Z! YES, this Edward is nothing short of CONFIDENT!
      We shall have to wait and see what Master is planning. XX

      Delete
  13. Oh, Esme's in 'the apron'!!! I have a feeling that apron will be going in the trash can as soon as the folks leave, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't thought of that, Cap, but it sure wouldn't do to play it in a scene after Dear Old Mom's had it on! ICKKKKKKKKKK!

      Delete
  14. Totally cracked up reading Edward and Domenic's convo about the stripper movie. I cannot wait to see it myself. Adding that Domenic's wife was going to see it with one of her girlfriends from church was nice touch. Don't know why but I thought that was funny!

    Nice that Isabella and Jasper can still be friends and that he completely had her back at the presentation.

    Oh that was a great cliffie! Can't wait to read what is mortifying Isabella. It's the apron, right? *snicker*

    Keye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioning the Domenic chatter. I love that his voice is coming into the story and Edward keeps encouraging his love life!

      Yes, to the Isabella and Jasper friendship. He was a huge help to her at work and that doesn't need to stop. He still cares for her and wants to see her do well. xx

      Delete
  15. OMG! I just love that the chapter now also included a picture... If Domward is starting a new religion I am on! *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is Esme cooking wearing the elf costume??

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was amazing...really great. it was funny how he asked about religion, too cute! So what the hell is esme wearing...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look up ^^ Meire says it's the elf costume!

      Delete
  18. *waves hi* OMFG. The apron. hahahahaha. I love it. I think we assume too much sometimes about these two. They really haven't known each other that long and because of the incredible physical and emotional connection they haven't had time to have the more mundane conversations. Religion, politics etc. I really hope they don't discover they are on opposing political territories. Nah, never happen. It reminds me of the hilarious Pelosi/Boehner pic. That was FUNNY. Liked the Magic Mike ref. I have to say despite the plethora of hot guys, I've less than zero interest in seeing it. The male stripper thing does nada for moi. How's that for mixed languages? Oh and before I forget...foggy bathrooms? Que?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look up the restaurant and you'll see it's real. Plus, the local imax theater has these weird doors that once you go inside and sit down, you can see EVERYTHING outside, people washing hands, etc. It's BIZARRE! The second you get out, you forget the people inside are watching YOU because I mean, what else do you have to look at in there? It's kinky and I thought it would be fun to bring it into the story.

      Delete
  19. "You're mine." D'awwwwww. So cute.

    The apron. A cannot wait to read Edward's reaction (...and the rest of the next chapter, too. j/s)!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The apron! Like father, like son-Carlisle being titilated by the obscured doors ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird, we have them in the local movie theater. VERY kinky!

      Delete
  21. ah, the apron
    well, won't be using that again for scenes *giggles*

    i love how much they need each other, personally i love that position, very intimate
    glad edward isn't showing that he is jealous
    she is his and he knows it

    keep it cumming ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that picture too. Marlea posted it on FB and it brought the whole smothering to mind. She just loves being covered by his warm delicious body!
      x

      Delete
  22. I had something really witty and topical to post, but my phone wouldn't let me do it so I'm back to just leave a message that I loved the chapter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DAMN your phone! But thanks, your message works fine too!

      Delete
  23. Oh my god! I will not let my imagination run wild. lol I'll just wait and find out. Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now why wouldn't you let your imagination run wild? GO FOR IT!

      Delete
  24. hah it had to be the apron, and as we get to read all the comments before hitting this box, I knew it. I would have preferred the elf costume as suggested tho! Loved Domenic's comment about his wife going to see the stripper movie with her church friends. There is something wrong there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the little Magic Mike innuendo. I totally grabbed the idea from all the chatter on facebook! Elf costume. lol!

      Delete
  25. Well, silly me, I was completely clueless on what could have upset Bella do much till I read some comments... Face slap... Duh! But maybe you'll surprise us and it will be something else?

    Loved that jasper and Bella can still be friends. A little discomfort is there but I think as time passes they can be good friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becka! Well, you can count on my sharp readers to come up with some good guesses, anyway! Stay tuned till Saturday when all will be revealed!

      Delete
  26. Oh my..what wonderful plans we weave with the vines from the patch...I might need to have a nice ice MOJITO sitting next to me when reading next weeks chapter...And the apron huh??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend a drink of some kind!

      Delete
  27. Hmmm, wonder what Esme got into...or maybe Bella's thong was left behind and is sitting on the table next to Carlisle's papers!! LOL. Can't wait to find out!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it would've been funny if there was some errant lingerie hiding amidst the newspapers...dang! Another idea I missed out on! ;) xx

      Delete
  28. Oh, my! Where'd she find Bella's apron? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, Litmom, just saw this! It was in the drawer with the cookie sheets!

      Delete
  29. Oh, I've come to expect lovely moments from you by now, Born, but the response, "I already know what you are...You're mine." is absolutely delicious and I seriously internally swooned. {sigh} He's so dreamy...

    BTW, I totes copied that image and stuck it into my "to be used on my tumblr page" file, so thanks for THAT inspiration. Will let you know if/when I ever post a little somethin'-somethin' using it. :) It'll be a while, don't worry.

    And I'd also like to point out that the contrast with LRR's E and his jealousy issues is amazing. I don't know how you can write these both at the same time — and even though I didn't see the jealousy as THAT big a problem in LRR until things came to blows, I didn't realize how much tension it was creating until I read THIS update and just felt total RELIEF that Edward doesn't have that issue. It makes life so much easier for Bella, and it's just wonderful that Jasper can have her back and be her friend like that without her getting all tangled up in worry about Edward's likely response.

    As always, Born, you leave us panting for more...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE that you noted the contrast running Jealousward alongside this guy, who hasn't suffered a jealous moment since the outdoor concert in OUAD. He no sooner needs to worry about Bella with Jasper than mr H does with me and a certain swoony young actor! I stole the image from MarLea, so go crazy and have fun!

      Delete
  30. Born On Halloween:

    Oh my freaking god!!! I wrote this long........... review, and somehow lost it all when I went to publish. Well no time now, but I will reconstruct and leave it at another time. I feel like such a moron sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well Edward can always help me outta my dresses anytime he wants. No need to ask. But I have to admit, he was right in asking to enter her space. Even though we know she didnt care, it was only right that he ask first.
    The whole thing with Jasper kinda seems sad at times. We all know that he still cares for Bella, but hwne his old feelings come thru, it is kinda akward. But that will get better over time.
    Still wanna know how E & B will handle her time out of town.....all kinda of kink running thru my mind.
    WHAT THE HELL IS ISABELLA SEEING??!!!

    Loves you hard woman <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reality check, S. Agreed regarding J and B as well. It's still a bit raw, but he's still the great guy he always was and there's an awful lot of mutual respect there. She didn't leave him because he was less than a gentleman! *snickers*

      As for the out of town time...*grins*
      xxx
      b

      Delete
  32. Look at Me...getting all caught up...at 5 in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh dear... she is using the apron isn't she?
    Poor Bella.
    I am so pleased Jasper is being decent to her.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Edward can help me out of a dress anytime ;0) And good lord Black Velvet, I swear chapters should come with a BV warning so you know you need new panties ;0)

    I am so happy that Jasper is be cordial with Bella and sticking up for her and her teams work.

    The cute back and forth before they enter the apartment is so wonderful.

    Can't wait to see why Bella is so flushed!!

    xoxo
    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, H. It was a rare appearance by BV...an encore!

      Delete
  35. This sex scene is so delicious. You've really captured that wonderful desire you feel when you've been with your man all night but unable to be WITH him and you're finally home and free. Gives me shivers.

    “I didn’t want to just… assume that you wanted me to follow you in here. This is your space.” - Adorable. The ultimate in respect from Master, and her reassuring response was lovely.

    "He’s tender and needy all at once" Is there anything more perfect than your bloke being BOTH of those things?

    "It’s times like these, I could really use another pair of hands, so I could touch her everywhere all at once." I LOVE this - it's sexy, cute and funny all at once.
    “I just want you tonight.” I think this encapsulates really well the awareness they have of each other's various personas and how they both see the differences between very clearly.

    "frolic" An awesome word choice, woefully underused in life and fiction.

    A wonderful choice of position, and the photo was a lovely accompanying visual (not that my imagination needs much assistance when it comes to reading your Domward!).

    When she recieved the text from Jasper I actually jumped a little, frankly I'd forgotten he existed as I've been living so happily in the bubble you've created with Edward. However, I really enjoyed their exchange and the maturity with which Bella, Jasper and Edward deal with the new situation is great. I like that they can still be friends and I like the way that, perfect as Edward is, there are still small things Jasper is better equipped at providing for her. Because nobody can provide EVERYTHING, even Edward Cullen!

    More Edward/Esme/Carlisle banter - I love their dynamic more and more with every fun peek we get.

    "Edward quickly reassures him, man to man. “Bella’s cool.” - For some reason I really like this line. I think 1) because it captures a kind of laddish, jovial, light-hearted and almost-childlike quality in Edward and 2) I like that he calls her Bella, rare but appropriete for certain occassions.

    The apron was a stroke of GENIUS. Thanks, B! And sorry for my tardy review! A xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough, nobody CAN provide everything. Look at Canon Ed, unable to provide the warmth she needed inside that tent. Glad you enjoyed the chapter, the parents, the banter, and the APRON!
      xxxx
      b

      Delete
  36. You're mine.....sigh! Loving the way you can post a visual on here of what you're describing, although I've never really had a problem with that ;)

    So sweet of Jasper to calm her, I hope they can get their friendship back on track as he clearly helps her in a way that Edward can't! Who do I need to cut lol!

    Oh my god, the apron! Big big lol's xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the joys of blogger! I often do seek a real life picture, especially when it's clothing-related. Helps me stay consistent in the writing. Yes, Jasper is a true friend and has some skills, for sure.

      Delete
  37. why doesn't this feel like an ending? is there more?

    ReplyDelete